LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B Brake upgrade?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have searched for hours trying to figure out what the simplest brake/caliper and all brake upgrade is for an 07 spec b and I havent found any clear answers or I dont know how to search right. I've read many stickies on nasoic and posts on here but none clearly label the stock spec b brakes. I want to upgrade to the best bang for the buck I can, but not just slotted rotors and good pads.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have searched for hours trying to figure out what the simplest brake/caliper and all brake upgrade is for an 07 spec b and I havent found any clear answers or I dont know how to search right. I've read many stickies on nasoic and posts on here but none clearly label the stock spec b brakes. I want to upgrade to the best bang for the buck I can, but not just slotted rotors and good pads.
Is this a DD car or track car? I know premium centric blanks are good paired with some hawk hps pads. Thats what my current setup and i really like the bite. My car is DD and its plenty enough stopping power. Even with my setup of Stx71(gtx3071r) perrin elh, id1000s, southbend stage 3 clutch cobb ap v3 etc etc.

I wanted to get DBA t3 rotors with hawk pads but not necessary, unless you atuocross it you may benefit more? Even the Subaru 4 pots waa on my list. The legacy calipers and rotor size is good enough. Others can chime in.

Check out knsbrakes or

Infamous Performance for great package deals. And black friday is coming up so you know there will be nice discounts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

The USDM Spec B has the same brakes as the regular Legacy GT. Many people seem to think the USDM Spec B is like a Legacy STI. It's just a suspension package and appearance package added to the regular Legacy GT. 2007-2009 Spec Bs also got a 6-speed and Torsen rear diff.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cadillac-ats-brembo-caliper-upgrade-your-subaru-251912.html

Super bad ass and cheaper than a proper sti swap. They'll probably fit under spec B wheels. I love the idea - I'd even leave the Cadillac branding - but I can't justify it. Those rotors are really heavy. You're adding a lot of unsprung weight. You gain a pair of pistons and a half inch of diameter. The improvement in braking is probably on par with a better pad compound, keeping your stock hardware, unless you track it or plan on 100mph stops. I'd just go with better pads, though this would certainly look better.

Our brakes are pretty damn good. There's a reason they're chosen as a substantial upgrade to different non-sti cars.

The spec b calipers are different than the lgt ones they're tokico branded but I dont know what else. My tires are pretty new. My goal is no fade and better looking brakes wouldn't hurt. Budget is around a grand.

The spec B calipers are the same as LGT. Both LGT and Spec B front calipers have Tokico stamped on them, although I vaguely remember there may have also been a second manufacturer for these. The rears don't have an obvious manufacturer stamp on them that I can remember.

The front calipers are also used on LGTs, 3.0R Limited Legacy, 06-14 Tribeca, 2010-2014 3.6R Outbacks/Legacys, 2014 Forester XTs...maybe more.

IMO, the best bang for your buck street package is Centric rotors and Stoptech pads. They're a bit dusty, but behave well with all sorts of rubber compounds from summers to cheap all seasons. Hawk HPS are alright as well, I have them. However at triple the cost of Stoptech pads they are not comparatively three times better. ;)

Unless you're tracking the car REALLY hard, on very sticky tires, all upgraded caliper will get you are more expensive consumables costs and cool looks.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

The best bang for your buck is the Perrin master cylinder brace.

http://www.grimmspeed.com/master-cylinder-brace-08-14-wrx-08-13sti-07-09-legacy-vdc-09-12-forester/

This combined with Centric rotors with OEM or even cheap eBay ones I run, will result in excellent results.

There is only so much line pressure you'll get out of a stock master cylinder, lines and calipers. It's been documented big brake kits, steel lines, better pads/rotors are all a waste of money on the LGT - that is unless you're increasing surface area and increasing pressure.

If you’re looking for a stiffer pedal, I highly recommend the the Sti master cylinder/brake booster swap.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sti-master-cyl-and-brake-booster-swap-summary-lgt-181067.html?amp;

I didn’t like the Stoptech pads I had. They left deposits on the rotors which gave them a warped rotor feel. Even with rebedding them I could never get the shake to go away.

If I still had lgt brakes up front I’d probably run oe pads with centric blanks with the sti MC/booster and be satisfied with it.

If you not tracking the car then decent rotors, upgraded pads, with stainless braided brake lines our more than adequate.
^This...forgot to mention i also have ss braided lines and brake pedal feels great and more crisp

and @chefo.soriano

My car came with new Bendix pads all around and the pedal is terrible. There's no air in the system so it's almost certainly just the hard, cheap pads. Do you guys who run Stoptechs use the "street performance" pads? Looking to grab a set for both axles.

Stoptech has the 308 (Street) and 309 (Sport). I've been using the 309s for awhile now. No real issues other than they need to warm up to do their best. Plus the brake dust is a little higher than some.

I think the 308s are intended to be a more daily-driver type pad. Quieter, less dust, etc.

Have you pulled trigger on pads and brakes yet? Here is a neat set from rock auto for 15% off instant savings 280 bucks vs 332 bucks it might be worth it. But its cross drilled and slotted for the looks you want. Haven't seen any reviews on our cars specifically but other car manufacturer owners love them from what i researched 5ca648c803662da24e0cb910df60caaa.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

I've used Powerstop on quite a few cars, including mine own. They are currently only on the rear because the front pads were replaced prior to me buying the car. They definitely look cool especially when new and real shiny. No rust but the hats have oxidized a little, which is not a big deal. My front pads still have ~60% left but I've thought about buying that kit just to having matching rotors front and rear. The rear brakes have been on for about 3 years now with no issues.

Archived