LegacyGT.com

1999 b4 sound system

Hi, I'm looking to install a sound system in my 99 b4. Since it seems the b4 wasn't made in North America its difficult to find information on how to do this. Has anyone done a sound system on a similar model. Right now I'm trying to find a place on the firewall where I can run the amp power cable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will keep searching for existing information. Thanks!

The inner fender well on the driver's side (LHD), passenger side (RHD) the front harness comes through into the cabin. You can passthrough there and run directly to the battery. Look for the yellow airbag harness and you'll be in the right area. You can also go through the door harness passthrough too.

Mine is a RHD. I didn't find what you are talking about on the passenger's side. But on the drivers side I did find a rubber grommet about 1.5 inches in diameter that easily popped out and makes a hole through the firewall below and to the left of the brake master cylinder. Its somewhat accross the engine bay from the battery but that shouldn't be a problem, I just have to figure out where to route it to the trunk now.

Archived