LegacyGT.com

2018 Legacy 3.6R Tech Glitches

I’m new here and this is my first post. I have had my new 2018 3.6 R for about two weeks now. I have noticed a few glitches that are really starting to get on my nerves. First, last week my phone was bluetoothed to the car and a pop op kept coming up on the head unit stating “Advisory: No signal Found” but everything was working correctly as far as i could tell. Second, this morning the road advisory symbol (snowflakes). populated due to the weather and i read that it can effect some of the displays, but i wasn’t showing any PSI in my tires. Later on after the symbol disappeared, the Subaru STARLINK image appeared as it does when you start the car but no matter what i did it would not go away or toggle to different screens. Overall, i love this car, but i wanna know if anyone else had these problems or if i should just take it back to the dealership and have them check it out? Thanks!

You should have put this in the appropriate section; http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/sixth-generation-legacy-2015-137.html , but in this case I'd recommend you to take the car to the dealer.

I’m aware I put it in the wrong section. Like i said I’m new here and didn’t realize before i posted it and don’t know how to delete or if i even can, but i think taking back to the dealership is what I’m going to end up doing since i haven’t even hit 1000 miles yet.

Just as a matter of technique, I suggest you let your car idle for 60 seconds warm or cold at a minimum before you start driving on it. Longer as needed if cold.

That's some old school advice that isn't really recommended anymore.

I’m new here and this is my first post. I have had my new 2018 3.6 R for about two weeks now. I have noticed a few glitches that are really starting to get on my nerves. First, last week my phone was bluetoothed to the car and a pop op kept coming up on the head unit stating “Advisory: No signal Found” but everything was working correctly as far as i could tell. Second, this morning the road advisory symbol (snowflakes). populated due to the weather and i read that it can effect some of the displays, but i wasn’t showing any PSI in my tires. Later on after the symbol disappeared, the Subaru STARLINK image appeared as it does when you start the car but no matter what i did it would not go away or toggle to different screens. Overall, i love this car, but i wanna know if anyone else had these problems or if i should just take it back to the dealership and have them check it out? Thanks!

I think the "no signal found" message is related to your gps/ HD radio and not your phone. If you are inside a garage when you start the car, it takes a few minutes longer than when you have clear line of sight for the signal to lock in.

The snow flake symbol comes on when the outside temp is close to freezing warning you of icy roads. that stays on as long as outside temp is close to freezing.

Don't know about the subaru, but from past experience with TPMS sensors sometimes can take a few minutes to display pressure. I'd assume its the same with yours. If it doesn't show even after a few minutes, I'd take it back to the dealer.

Archived