LegacyGT.com

Clutch shopping time!

Zac88

2005 lgt wagon stage 2

Currently have the SPEC DMFW and Stage2+ clutch along with the tsk3 kit. Pulled the engine since the throwout bearing was making noise and seems like ill need a clutch in the near future. Wasnt exspecting it so soon but being a 6 puck im guessing they wear faster.

Ill be ordering new inserts for the flywheel but beyond that im not sure which clutch to order. Most likely wont be going past stage 2 with this car.

Spec still recommends a 2+ for these cars. I'm still enjoying the Spec 2+ in my wagon. I would have no problem putting the same clutch back in the car. My first Spec 2+ had 85,000 miles and going strong when I put the ej257 in. The Spec 2 clutch only lasted 50,000 miles., I put a 2+ back in the car March 2015.

I really enjoy the current 2+ better then I did the first one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Here's the funny thing. I only have about 50,000km on mine and my mechanic is saying that it should be changed. He has the motor out right now to do timing and valve cover gaskets.

Maybe my driving style is too aggressive or maybe there was an issue with the clutch? Either way I was thinking about the regular stage 2 so there would be more surface material

Just going to throw this out there. I put a southbend stage 2 I believe daily clutch kit in with my 6 speed and I am pleased with it. Peddle doesn’t feel any heavier and grabs well and is rated for a good bit of power. I know this isn’t as popular as a lot of clutched out there just figured I would share my expeirce with southbend. No complaints to be made.

Archived