LegacyGT.com

Break in tune/ limp tune

Hey guys.

As most of you know I'm rebuilding/refreshing a new engine with some upgrades. My builder and tuner advised that I should break in my Comp stage 2 clutch before taking it to the Dyno for a protune.

For some reason my tuner won't send me a limp tune so I can putt around and break in my clutch. He advised to just drive it easy and stay out of boost. I fear that's easier said than done. I can be light on the peddle no problem, I just worry about any sort of boost creep or any other factor that could make my car run lean.

Any suggestions, comments or advice ?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hey guys.

As most of you know I'm rebuilding/refreshing a new engine with some upgrades. My builder and tuner advised that I should break in my Comp stage 2 clutch before taking it to the Dyno for a protune.

For some reason my tuner won't send me a limp tune so I can putt around and break in my clutch. He advised to just drive it easy and stay out of boost. I fear that's easier said than done. I can be light on the peddle no problem, I just worry about any sort of boost creep or any other factor that could make my car run lean.

Any suggestions, comments or advice ?

Thanks!

100 miles is best... I've done this many times :redface:- and three times with that exact clutch. As from CC themselves - Drive normal. You don't have to "baby" it. They just suggest that you don't start doing launches, going WOT, and all that with it fresh in. Its not that much of a worry. generally with me, a day of driving in Houston or Dallas traffic is a perfect set up - acceleration, brake, shifting thru the gears - repeat.

Good clutch. Did you get the TSK kit with it?

100 miles is best... I've done this many times :redface:- and three times with that exact clutch. As from CC themselves - Drive normal. You don't have to "baby" it. They just suggest that you don't start doing launches, going WOT, and all that with it fresh in. Its not that much of a worry. generally with me, a day of driving in Houston or Dallas traffic is a perfect set up - acceleration, brake, shifting thru the gears - repeat.

Good clutch. Did you get the TSK kit with it?

Thanks! So it wont take too long to break in before i hopp on the dyno.

I didn't get the TSK kit.

Any input about my concern around the tune ?

Thanks! So it wont take too long to break in before i hopp on the dyno.

I didn't get the TSK kit.

Any input about my concern around the tune ?

No. No need for a limp tune. I've only had one time where I needed a limp tune (basically just prevents boost) - I swapped a new turbo on and needed to drive 200 miles to my tuner. So, 100 miles of easy peezy driving then hop on and get it tuned.

Archived