LegacyGT.com

Remote Start for 2018

If this has been discussed here already, just let me know but a simple search didn't bring anything up (I'm new so my searches could be bad).

Just had a remote start installed on my 2018 and am wondering if there is a way to get the rear window/mirror defroster to turn on and stay on when I remote start the car? Kind of a PITA to have the cabin warm up, my seats warm up and the front defrost working but not the rear window or mirror defrost.

I've tried different combinations of having things on and off and just can't seem to get it to work. The whole car stopping when you open the door is one thing to deal with when it snows but the whole window defrost system is a main reason I got the remote start to begin with. Iowa winters and ice build up is no joke!

At least in my 2017, when the remote start is on the front window wiper blade, side mirror, and rear window defrosters will automatically turn on when it is below a certain temperature. The cabin air will automatically try to reach room temperature and will go on full blast. The only thing you have to manually have to do is the seat warmers which remember the last setting they were on. I have a sport trim which has auto climate control. I believe if you have a model without the auto climate control with remote start, the defrosters won't automatically turn on though.

Archived