LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy 6th gen Legacy 2.5i Limited

Hi. I’m very interested in buying a 6th gen Legacy Limited. Can anyone give me a list of pros/cons? I realize this is a broad question, just curious about reliability, maintenance costs, fuel economy, comfort, etc... I’m not looking for a fast car, just something to drive on the highway traveling around the SE US.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a 2015 Legacy Limited the other day and love everything about it, so far. The interior is spacious and very good quality. Seats are comfortable. The car handles great and the 4 cylinder is great for normal commuting. For me, it gets up to speed fine (some have said it doesn't accelerate fast enough). I'm coming from a 2001 Blazer, so this Legacy is quick. The only concern I can think of now is the lag time between shifting from reverse into drive. It makes me feel like an old person, because I back out of a parking spot, shift, and then sit there for a solid second and a half. Doesn't seem like much, when I write it out, but in reality it feels like awhile. Good luck : ) I LOVE the car.

The two big pros for me are the 3.6 and Eyesight. The 4WD follows right behind. I get 27mpg which is fine by me. No issues (minor nits) but I only got 5K on the car. CVT is different but works fine. I think probably it's strength is in being a solid, reliable commuter car. Excellent on highway as well. But is also big enough for 2 adults and 3 grandkids easy. Hope that helps....

Archived