LegacyGT.com

Auto trans replacement for 02 LGT Limited, what models interchange?

I'm looking for a replacement transmission for my LGT since the front diff housing cracked and caused all sorts of damage. Decided I might as well stick with auto so it would be an easier/faster fix. Trying to find a suitible replacement that is close and there are a few listed on car-parts.com that are less than 2 hours away. I just want to make sure that I don't accidentally get the wrong part.

If you can, find a LL Bean 4EAT with matching rear diff and TCU. The Bean was a 45/55 torque split at all times, gave better reaction time for acceleration due to a more aggressive TCU tune, and it is a 4.44 FD with a LSD.

• 4 months later...
BUMP. Really thinking about doing a manual swap, getting sick of dealing with autos. It's an 02 LGT Limited. What would be involved in swapping to a 5 speed from an auto? Would I be able to keep the same drive shaft and rear diff? Front axles the same?

BUMP. Really thinking about doing a manual swap, getting sick of dealing with autos. It's an 02 LGT Limited. What would be involved in swapping to a 5 speed from an auto? Would I be able to keep the same drive shaft and rear diff? Front axles the same?

You'll need the pedal box, master,slave, shifter assem, trans, mounts, driveshaft,rear diff, safety switches attached to the trans ect......

Axles are the same though.....

Dang I was hoping to get away with not doing the rear diff and drive shaft. Might as well just stick with an auto I guess. I just got done putting a used auto in and had a couple problems that lead to catastrophe since I had no other ride to work I had to drive it. I have a thing against autos lol especially now.

Also for what its worth, i had nothing but bad luck with car-part and LKQ and trying to find a good replacement 5-spd for my sedan.

i received two transmissions from them that did not match the tag advertised on the website and wouldn't work with the rear diff.

i eventually just got a replacement from a jdm importer was about the same cost and had the correct final drive to match.

your mileage may vary.

Archived