LegacyGT.com

Insurance and You!

Thanks for this - very helpful. I have a question though that may be a bit abstract, but here goes.

Yesterday a big piece of a tree fell on my 2005 OBXT with 235k miles and it's undriveable and surely totaled. I have some aftermarket bits (Accessport, DW 850cc injectors, EBCS) that are sellable and simple to uninstall, but would leave the car with CELs and a bad misfire.

I have a nice VF52 and exhaust, but would be annoying to uninstall and would leave the vehicle incomplete, since I don't have the stock parts.

Am I better off leaving that stuff in the car so it runs well and I can say it was in perfect shape (it was) before the tree fell? Or does it not matter how it runs and I should just replace the good injectors with old garbage ones and unmarry the Accessport?

Thanks! ps my mint Legacy GT STi gauge pack will be coming up on the for sale forums soon...

• 2 months later...

Dashcams are great either way, barring you're an idiot that smokes meth while you're driving around.

Sound on is useful, sometimes you can hear turn signals, horns, and tire screeches. All of those can help in understanding the facts of loss.

An insurer loves it when they can conclude liability swiftly, even if it's their insured that's at fault. That just motivates us to settle earlier and at lower cost.

I have a dashcam in my car, and my wife's car. The positive far outweighs the negative since neither of us have smoked meth in a long long time.

Also if it's your fault, just pay those people, they don't deserve the headache that you've put them through with your negligence. Don't be a dick.

:lol:

So everyone at fault driver is a meth addict? So in comparative negligence states, are they comparatively negligent while consuming meth? :lol:

Soon police will recover the black box upon every accident scene (like with commercial vehicles), along with the memory cards. APD adjusters will go by the wayside, and you'll just have customer service reps and reps handling the bodily injury portion of the claim.

:lol:

So everyone at fault driver is a meth addict? So in comparative negligence states, are they comparatively negligent while consuming meth? :lol:

Soon police will recover the black box upon every accident scene (like with commercial vehicles), along with the memory cards. APD adjusters will go by the wayside, and you'll just have customer service reps and reps handling the bodily injury portion of the claim.

No, I'm just saying if you smoke meth, you might not want that on film.

Pulling the black box from a commercial vehicle costs about $2,000. We rarely do it unless there's a significant injury involved, or if plaintiff counsel wants to foot the bill (RE: never).

Where are you getting your info on APD and BI adjusters going by the wayside? Fraud is still extremely pervasive (2nd most pervasive financial crime after tax evasion), and I would have a hard time slotting an entry level person into someone overseeing defense counsel on a litigated file or reviewing and evaluating someone's medical history, or answering a complex coverage question.

I'm getting calls from recruiters all the time. My company has openings too.

Are you an insurance agent?

Edited by Dishwasher

I see the industry changing was my point. I think we both agree.

my firm grabs those boxes as instructed by our clients. Pretty often. Jurisdiction may play a part in that.

One day there will be enough city cams, private cams, and monitoring devices, to make liability assessments much easier. Similar to the future of property claims. Drones, tech, apps, etc will continue to leverage their way into the adjustment world. Is what it is.

I never said that an entry level rep should handle a pre litigated (or fully litigated) bodily injury claim. So I agree with you there 100%.

The Geico-ization of the auto insurance world is moving the market to settling straight forward claims by apps within 7 days. Half , if not more, of the people you talk to on straight forward claims these days are CSR's. I see the role of an APD adjuster changing to more of an oversight role. Which as you know, will just result in them handling more claims.

I'm a GA (general adjuster). I also don't specialize in auto by any means. I used to work commercial ABI. I know a lot of people who are in the auto insurance world. It never really appealed to me!

Edited by jasejase

• 2 weeks later...

so this just happened tonight and i'm still a little jittery.

already made a claim, got hit by a drunk driver tonight.:eek:

I walked away, with a couple scraches :)

Was moving pretty good 64 to 72 KPH because this situation is definitely not in america;) and was pretty much head on. will post pictures later.

this guy who hit me was potentially uninsured, unlicensed, and under the influence.

I'm just curious what my insurance might say or do for me with my liability coverage on an 2002 subaru legacy l, which is definitely totaled.

can't wait to be sore tomorrow

Was moving pretty good 64 to 72 KPH because this situation is definitely not in america;) and was pretty much head on. will post pictures later.

this guy who hit me was potentially uninsured, unlicensed, and under the influence.

I'm just curious what my insurance might say or do for me with my liability coverage on an 2002 subaru legacy l, which is definitely totaled.

If this isn't in the US, then you may have to look up that countries (or state) driving rules and insurance laws, some place have different (weird) laws. Are you insured with a US insurance policy?

In general you would want to document the accident for crossing of the center lane with witnesses and/or ideally a police report. Was the other drive cited for the accident or being under the influence ?

If you have liability only coverage, your insurance company will protect your interest in the event the drunk tries suing you (unlikely).

That's it.

If you're injured, you would need to have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy if your insurance is going to do anything for you.

Sorry this happened, hopefully you have uninsured motorist coverage.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
I just bought my very first car recently, so this information is very useful for me. For financial reasons, I got liability insurance on my car, but many recommend full coverage insurance, even though it's very expensive. What can you say about that? Recently I got an online quote on https://www.car.co.uk/motor-insurance/manufacturers and I got a better offer than I already have. Lately, I've been thinking of getting full coverage insurance, but I'm afraid to put so much money at risk. Do you think it's worth the money? Edited by ZoeSkinner

so... what's your definition of full coverage?

For most people, that would mean... all the coverage. lol

liability insurance would protect you if you were deemed negligent/liable per the local jurisdictional guidelines.

so... what's your definition of full coverage?

For most people, that would mean... all the coverage. lol

liability insurance would protect you if you were deemed negligent/liable per the local jurisdictional guidelines.

Sorry, I mixed the two. I changed so it would be right