LegacyGT.com

Where to get new Coil Springs?

I've been looking to upgrade my saggy legacy suspension and do the classic outback conversion.

That being said, i need new springs, and the only place i seem to find them is direct from subaru. They want more than the aftermarket Swift springs i bought for my 2010 mazdaspeed3.

Anyone have any good places to pick a set up? or brands that make them? Or am i stuck paying subaru 300+ dollars for a set

Moog 81592 and 81595. They're for a Forester but they'll work. RockAuto has them for $75 a pair for the front and $58 a pair for the back. If you're doing an Outback suspension upgrade, Fozzy springs will help with the lift and sag in the ass end.

Moog 81592 and 81595. They're for a Forester but they'll work. RockAuto has them for $75 a pair for the front and $58 a pair for the back. If you're doing an Outback suspension upgrade, Fozzy springs will help with the lift and sag in the ass end.

yes that is the plan, although i just planned on using the stock camber adjustments to keep alignment in spec. will these raise me further requiring control arms and body spacers?

So, Setnev, are you suggesting the combo of Forester springs with Outback struts? Wouldn't he need to change his struts to get the extra height and a different spring perch?

springs are the same from legacy to outback. the strut mount tabs at the base are just different. if you go to the forrester springs i'm not sure if they require different perches or struts or what

So, Setnev, are you suggesting the combo of Forester springs with Outback struts? Wouldn't he need to change his struts to get the extra height and a different spring perch?

The SG/SF Forester suspension is almost identical to the BG Outback, so there would be no modification required.

Archived