LegacyGT.com

Wooshing/Sucking Air Noise

I drive a 2006 LGT. A few weeks ago I replaced the stock air filter with a K&N Air filter and ever since then I hear a loud sucking in of air whenever I am on the gas (but not in neutral). The car runs totally fine and does not have a check engine light or anything.

Does anyone know what it could be??

Stock style filter is thicker.

Fuel trim, go to Cobb Tuning's web site and read about a AP. lot's of info on there site that will be a good read. look around here,

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Try removing the filter and then putting it back in to be sure it is correctly mounted in the airbox.

It's possible that when you put the filter in, the airbox door did not get seated correctly. That would allow air to leak in around the edges of the filter.

There are some plastic tabs on the bottom of the airbox door, those need to engage in matching slots in the airbox housing. Then, the door can be closed and the metal clasps fastened down.

Another possibility is the direction of the air filter you put in is reversed.

Thanks, fellas. I look around. One more question that is totally unrelated but you guys seem to know what you’re talking about...whenever I start my car in the morning, before I even start driving or moving, I can hear water sloshing around in what seems like the dash area. Any ideas what that is???

Jack up the right front corner of the car. Remove the cap from the turbo cooling tank, start the engine turn on the heater to high.

after the thermostat opens watch for air bubbles in that tank. Squeeze the top hose gently add Prestone of Peak coolant as needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you still have the sloshing sound after bleeding air from coolant ... it could be crap in the hvac fan, or the drain tube for ac condenser is clogged, or th baffle control motor is doing stange things. my hvac air baffle makes strage noises when i turn my car off for a few seconds

Archived