LegacyGT.com

VF52 PSI range..

a little late to this one - but 300 is pretty consistent with with the VF52 - Mine sits at 298 awhp/301awtq - conservatively with 17/18PSI - running stock injectors with dw65 & grimspeed I/C....

It spools at ~ 2800 but that's with a 5EAT....

You may be able to get to 330 but I bet you'd be pushing it - I would agree talk with T/A and see what Mike says about best plans to get there...

In quickly looking at my car he thought 310awhp was feasible - but never got to tuning it... Long Story.... But now on track to get back to to him in the spring- so we'll see...

PS - why 330 as a number?? my car once moving feels great @ 300 - and that's with quirky A/T - with a M/T 300 feels like it would be perfect to DD....

My wagon at 280awhp/300ftlbs on the heart breaker Mustang dyno is a great DD. The cars pulls like a fright train, it does surprise me sometimes, how quickly it gains on traffic on the highway.

Don't get hung up on the number.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Doesn't the most current wrx make about that number?

I believe it's closer to my power numbers, around 270/250.

edit: 268hp and 258lb/ft. Wow... my exact numbers. Kind of impressive considering I know for a fact the wagon is faster than an FA20 anything.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Look at my signature ;) 266whp @17.5psi on 93oct., holds it till pretty much redline with low-mid 10.x AFR's. Not on stock fueling though. DW65c with ID1000's.

I would say spool is about the same for me, we intentionally tuned to spool a smidge later in an effort to save the trans(which crapped the bed anyways). The trademark characteristic of JMP turbos, to me, has always been how responsive they are and wide the powerband is. This VF52 when combined with proper fueling, seems like it'll hold horsepower as high up in the rev range as you want.

For my DD route this would be fine. I started off wanting 450 +WHP since the engine is out but backed down to "Safe, fun and will run for quite a while" HP numbers. my city and freeway are about 50/50 at this moment.

Have to agree, even with stock fueling ,it pulls pretty good up top.
I'm torn with having my stock ones cleaned or going slightly bigger. Plan on a pump but not going top feed conversion.

For my DD route this would be fine. I started off wanting 450 +WHP since the engine is out but backed down to "Safe, fun and will run for quite a while" HP numbers. my city and freeway are about 50/50 at this moment.

I'm torn with having my stock ones cleaned or going slightly bigger. Plan on a pump but not going top feed conversion.

If you're not going top feed, I would keep power goals around 300, depending on what your injectors allow. I'd also pass on getting aftermarket side feeds and just send your stock ones out to Withchunter to get cleaned and flow tested. I made a very fun amount of power on stock injectors and a DW65c pump. If you drive right, you'll soon realize that power isn't always the biggest source of fun for things other than straight lines.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Unless you have lots of open country roads to use that hp, the vf52 will be fine. With a great tune, it spools early and makes great hp and torque till the upper rpm's.

most of the time I'll run it through the first 3 gears (3/4 throttle or so) till 5500 or so and then coast for a while on the back roads. That feels great, and your going way fast enough.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you're not going top feed, I would keep power goals around 300, depending on what your injectors allow. I'd also pass on getting aftermarket side feeds and just send your stock ones out to Withchunter to get cleaned and flow tested. I made a very fun amount of power on stock injectors and a DW65c pump. If you drive right, you'll soon realize that power isn't always the biggest source of fun for things other than straight lines.

This place?

http://www.witchhunter.com

Unless you have lots of open country roads to use that hp, the vf52 will be fine. With a great tune, it spools early and makes great hp and torque till the upper rpm's.

most of the time I'll run it through the first 3 gears (3/4 throttle or so) till 5500 or so and then coast for a while on the back roads. That feels great, and your going way fast enough.

Freeway is the only place to open up and that's questionable since folks will drive side by side 58 MPH in a 65MPH stretch.

JmP modified (not 11-blade) VF52. DW65c+ID1000s+ELH. ~320whp/360wtq @ 21(ish) psi.

I've got a JMP custom VF52 just recently installed and started having e tuned. Looking to run it around 18-21 psi as well. What are your others mods to support those psi numbers? My TMIC is stock as is my 5EAT. Anyone think that will be pushing it too far?

I've got a JMP custom VF52 just recently installed and started having e tuned. Looking to run it around 18-21 psi as well. What are your others mods to support those psi numbers? My TMIC is stock as is my 5EAT. Anyone think that will be pushing it too far?

Yes, the factory top mount will not handle that amount of pressure. Need fuel pump, injectors (safety) a GOOD intercooler and some trans upgrades (valvebody?)

IMO yes. You'll blow the end tanks off the intercooler unless you buy BarManBean's bulletproofing kit, and you'll wreck that trans fairly quick too unless you modify the valve body and upgrade the center diff bearings.

All it took was one slip in the wet at full power, and I'm barely making 260ft/lb of torque....

30538020343_5edc50cd48_b.jpg

IMO yes. You'll blow the end tanks off the intercooler unless you buy BarManBean's bulletproofing kit, and you'll wreck that trans fairly quick too unless you modify the valve body and upgrade the center diff bearings.

All it took was one slip in the wet at full power, and I'm barely making 260ft/lb of torque....

30538020343_5edc50cd48_b.jpg

Are those bearings still around? I remeber folks saying they were hard to come by recently. I know a local was willing to make them but not sure if that is still the case.

• 3 months later...

Anyother mods, as I have his 11-blade version that I have been waiting to put on for the last year. Also who tuned your car?

Whoa, sorry. Haven't been visiting the forums as often these days.

Other power mods:

GS TMIC + CAI + EBCS

Tomei ELH + UP

Cobb DP + SPT v2 CBE

Comp stg3 clutch

GS heatshield + PTP turbo blanket to help with heat soak

Initially tuned by EFI in CT, then Precision in NJ (both on 93oct via AP)

As a sidenote: I used the BMB bulletproof TMIC for ~50k miles for "stg2" and never had a single issue. Forgot the exact numbers, but I want to say ~260whp/~270wtq. Actually, still have it in my garage.

Hope that helps.

Archived