LegacyGT.com

VF52 PSI range..

E85, 21psi and fuel mods will get you there on a vf52. With out fuel upgrades you just cant maintain boost high enough to squeeze out the horses.
I only have one E85 station within a 30 mile radius so that's out of the question

This is not relevant to your question since it is a modified VF52, but I'll still go ahead and share.

Here is my setup;

SoCal Porting Stage 3 VF52 Ported

ETS FMIC

KSTech 73mm Intake with heat shield

TGV deletes with phenolic spacers

AVO Inlet

Killer B Holy Header w/ uppipe

Grimspeed Catted Divorced Downpipe

Invidia Q300

Grimspeed 3 port EBCS

DW 1300cc Injectors

DW300c

Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch

STI OEM SM Flywheel

Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit with custom dyno tune from Bill himself

Accessport V3

91 Oct results

269 WHP (5300 rpm)

288 WTQ (4300 rpm)

Full Boost at (4300 rpm , 21 psi)

E60 Results

355 WHP (5300 rpm)

370 WTQ (4000 rpm)

Full Boost (3900 rpm, 24 psi)

On Infamous Performance Heart breaker Mustang Dyno

Just over 300 at 18psi on E85, significantly lower on 91 (255 I think) on a "heartbreaker" dyno with a 5EAT and plenty of supporting mods.

So what you're saying is that mine is gonna be a lot of fun with a manual?

So what you're saying is that mine is gonna be a lot of fun with a manual?

Indeed it will be! The VF52 hits early and maintains through redline. With the E85 I can run up to 22psi (which puts me around 318hp and 385tq) but I keep it at 18 for daily driving.

I never see anyone speak on the JmP 11 blade VF52 numbers. I guess i'll find out once I complete my build.

Look at my signature ;) 266whp @17.5psi on 93oct., holds it till pretty much redline with low-mid 10.x AFR's. Not on stock fueling though. DW65c with ID1000's.

I would say spool is about the same for me, we intentionally tuned to spool a smidge later in an effort to save the trans(which crapped the bed anyways). The trademark characteristic of JMP turbos, to me, has always been how responsive they are and wide the powerband is. This VF52 when combined with proper fueling, seems like it'll hold horsepower as high up in the rev range as you want.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

The thing is it seems he's to break 300 without running e85 I have a dw300 pump but I can almost say this vf52 is going to be very short lived in my car I'm trying to get between 310-330whp on 93 I think the 20g is the only way to get to that level.. I would of went with that from the start but I had to get the car up and running so I just used the vf52 for now

IMO, all things considered, you're getting into the upper end of what a VF52 is capable of if you're looking to be in the low to mid 300's. Especially on pump gas. You'd be safer off with something a little more efficient up there, in the long run.

Other things to consider: you have head studs right? you'll run the risk of stretching stock head studs at 22+psi. won't be an immediate issue, but a long term one.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

IMO, all things considered, you're getting into the upper end of what a VF52 is capable of if you're looking to be in the low to mid 300's. Especially on pump gas. You'd be safer off with something a little more efficient up there, in the long run.

Other things to consider: you have head studs right? you'll run the risk of stretching stock head studs at 22+psi. won't be an immediate issue, but a long term one.

Are you referring to the vf52 or the 20G my understanding is I can get my target with the 20G at a lower PSI then trying to push a VF52 20+ psi.

And i'm using the stock head studs

Are you referring to the vf52 or the 20G my understanding is I can get my target with the 20G at a lower PSI then trying to push a VF52 20+ psi.

And i'm using the stock head studs

What I'm saying is what you're thinking. For those numbers, a larger turbo may be more efficient. That being said, and I'm sure some will disagree with me, I'm not sure I would've rebuilt with stock head studs if I was looking to be in the 300+hp range. That's more of a precautionary thought though.

Talk with Mike at www.tuningalliance.com about which turbo he recommends, I'm sure it won't be a turbo with a "g" in it.

Better stuff out there, he'll give you the best tune too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived