LegacyGT.com

05 LGT wagon 5EAT setup - am I missing something?

I also just sent BrenTuning a message inquiring if they can do an open source tune (I'm about five hours away - long drive, but will be worth it if I can avoid marrying and unmarrying an AP for one use...).

When you un-marry the AP it takes any custom tune with it, and you're back to OEM anyway.

When you un-marry the AP it takes any custom tune with it, and you're back to OEM anyway.

Well what the poop Batman, that's a stinker...

The AP saves whatever tune was on the ECU at the time of install. It restores that saved tune at uninstall. The idea behind AP install & uninstall procedure (aka marrying & unmarrying) is that the AP can't be used to clone the same tune to multiple cars. It must be one car at a time. But you don't lose the original tune your ECU had.

Not that i would want to do this, but... does anyone know what it costs for a reflash of the factory tune - or cost for a factory ecu?

Reflash would be very cheap using open source tools. Factory ECU can be picked up at a recyclers for not too much money or very expensive new from the dealer, maybe $350-400. Replacing the ECU has a lot of other implications involving the security system and other things.

Archived