LegacyGT.com

Rev9 turbo inlet?

Why do you think you need that ?

The stock intake is good until your making over 350AWHP.

Because my stock inlet is torn at the turbo.

Don't mind Max, he thought you were asking about Intakes and not inlets. Inlet failure is more common then wheel bearing failure on Subaru's :lol:

What year is your car? That inlet is for 07+, which has the BPV connection further from the turbo, requiring you to stretch your BPV hose quite a bit.

I would almost say it's easier to retrofit a WRX/STI inlet then trying to fit the 07+ inlet.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

You can use an '07+ inlet without TOO much trouble if you just get an '07+ bypass hose. That said, I found the aftermarket inlets totally not worth the trouble. Sure, the OEMs tear, but much easier to buy a new one of those every 5-10 years than to shoehorn a silicone monstrosity under the manifold.

It may be easier to lift the intake manifold at the TGV's to head. That way you can leave the fuel lines attached.

It's a lot of work either way.

You just need to raise it a little to give you enough room.

Also make sure you have the new larger orange o-rings between the manifold and TGV's, you can see the color at that joint.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's a bit over an hour to pull the intake manifold with TGV's attached.

For the turbo inlet, probably around the same amount of time to loosen the manifold and R/R the inlet.

OEM replacement is what I went with. Too many variables with aftermarket in this particular case.

I have one and I had to trim about 2 1/2" off for my intake to fit I probably could of did 3" very tight fit under the intake manifold.

I mean you have to trim a decent bit off of pretty much any silicone inlet.

I trimmed a bit off my AVO, and it wasn't enough. I haven't gotten around to trimming more off because I don't feel like taking things apart again, and have just been dealing with having a kinked aftermaf hose. I'll sort it all out when I put the VF52 on the car.

If I had to guess, the AVO probably requires a good inch, inch and a half or so to be trimmed off.

I had 0 issues installing the Perrin STI inlet, it slid right in. Had to use a screw driver to prop it up on the turbo end (and to get the silicon aligned with the turbo, besides that wasn't that bad.

I think the issues come from trying to fit a 3" inlet, which is an overkill for stock sized turbos anyway.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I mean you have to trim a decent bit off of pretty much any silicone inlet.

I trimmed a bit off my AVO, and it wasn't enough. I haven't gotten around to trimming more off because I don't feel like taking things apart again, and have just been dealing with having a kinked aftermaf hose. I'll sort it all out when I put the VF52 on the car.

If I had to guess, the AVO probably requires a good inch, inch and a half or so to be trimmed off.

The fun I will have when it's my turn with my AVO. What's the way to see if it's too long if the engine were already out and on a stand?

Maybe measure the stock one and add a small margin of safety since you can only cut once if you go too short. :icon_smil

LOL I could have thought of that, hoping the tear, 52 instal and possible shrinkage over the years may change the outcome.

Only reason I got this was because my AVo had a tear at the turbo inlet and it was missing the metal insert for the BPV on the inlet and the metal ring for the filter end.. the last owner just stuck a wooden stick in the BPV opening.

I had some nasty compressor surge but it feels so nice to hear my BPV venting back into the intake.

Archived