LegacyGT.com

Official Magnetite Gray Metallic Thread (2018+)

GTEASER

Black cars are nice, but dark gray has been my color.

Problem with black is scratches and imperfections will show a lot more.

As you mentioned its gonna be a PITA to keep them clean. Also swirls and other stuff will show more on black.

This time around I was actually considering going with the crimson red pearl but none of them around here are 3.6R and didn't want to wait to order it from the factory, plus I was getting a pretty good deal on my fully loaded leggy.

Now if you were to get whole front end of the car clear bra and full hood then I think you would be okay with black.

Any decent body shop can put a clear front end cover on. My Spec B has the clear bra half way put the hood as well as the front bumper.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Any decent body shop can put a clear front end cover on. My Spec B has the clear bra half way put the hood as well as the front bumper.

True, but you want reputable work to be done when it comes down to clear bra, as long as it’s properly installed you shouldn’t get many bubbles and it should not peel. Also you want the warranty if you ever need it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss the blue tinge from the Carbide Gray this replaced- that said, I think this is the best color available for this car. I haven't made any cosmetic changes to the outside aside from installing Tail-as-Turn modules in the rear (the LED brake lights make much better turn signals), but I thought I'd share the small change I made to the inside.

I called my local dealer and got the part numbers for the gloss-black window switch bezels available on the Legacy Sport/Outback Touring, then I ordered them. Just installed them today- I'm really happy with how they look compared to the old Matte ones, and how they match the steering wheel in my Limited.

IMG_1949.thumb.JPG.75fdcc9460314f29bbef030ca5b65984.JPG

IMG_9301.thumb.jpg.0d1eb7355af9c4c1b5cbc3e911ac621f.jpg

Edited by zsubie15

I miss the blue tinge from the Carbide Gray this replaced- that said, I think this is the best color available for this car. I haven't made any cosmetic changes to the outside aside from installing Tail-as-Turn modules in the rear (the LED brake lights make much better turn signals), but I thought I'd share the small change I made to the inside.

I called my local dealer and got the part numbers for the gloss-black window switch bezels available on the Legacy Sport/Outback Touring, then I ordered them. Just installed them today- I'm really happy with how they look compared to the old Matte ones, and how they match the steering wheel in my Limited.

Nice, that’s a lot of gloss in there, might be dust magnet but it looks super clean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you share the part numbers for the gloss trim? Nice touch, might have to do that on mine... Any details on the install? Hoping it was fairly straight forward.

• 1 month later...

i know i know, legacy forum but... im here for more info and hopefully to snag a set of Legacy 18s. ;)

'18 limited- ceramic coated, philips 2800k fogs for fall/winter and matching 6000k for spring/summer, weather techs, JDM grille, 20mm rear swaybar, LEDs swapped anywhere a halogen was present in the interior and diode dynamics reverse lights :spin:

1.jpg.5f550a1e74dfdf8e9cefd8bf86e46fea.jpg

2.jpg.22c2faca8bf9db0cff266b3d456c02f7.jpg

3.jpg.a9fcfbcd0c3c31c39a699db1a03768d9.jpg

i know i know, legacy forum but... im here for more info and hopefully to snag a set of Legacy 18s. ;)

'18 limited- ceramic coated, philips 2800k fogs for fall/winter and matching 6000k for spring/summer, weather techs, JDM grille, 20mm rear swaybar, LEDs swapped anywhere a halogen was present in the interior and diode dynamics reverse lights :spin:

Nice! I did the same thing with LEDs on the interior, weathertechs, jdm grille, sway bar, and ceramic coating LOL.

UOxrYwG.jpg

LFP7MWb.jpg

Also got some BBS wheels and new tires on with lowering springs waiting in the garage... hopefully next weekend I can get those on too.

Nice! I did the same thing with LEDs on the interior, weathertechs, jdm grille, sway bar, and ceramic coating LOL.

UOxrYwG.jpg

LFP7MWb.jpg

Also got some BBS wheels and new tires on with lowering springs waiting in the garage... hopefully next weekend I can get those on too.

if you werent in AZ id be interested in those legacy wheels if you were parting with them lol