LegacyGT.com

Muffler suggestions

Hey all. Looking to release a little of that boxer sound from my 99 LGT. I have researched until I gave myself a headache. I'm looking to be able to hear the exhaust some but not annoy myself and others. Also not looking for a cat back or any other exhaust mods, just a muffler swap. Leaning towards Magnaflow at the moment but curious as to any other suggestions you guys may have. Keep in mind I'll be purchasing the muffler at the shop so trying to stick with what a shop would normally have in stock.

I have a flowmaster 40 series with a cat back but even without the cat back, it still sounds tame with a good bit of rumble, and is very livable and fine on road trips.

Here's mine if you want to hear it. Not doing a cat back would just make it quieter without changing the tone

I have a flowmaster 40 series with a cat back but even without the cat back, it still sounds tame with a good bit of rumble, and is very livable and fine on road trips.

Here's mine if you want to hear it. Not doing a cat back would just make it quieter without changing the tone

Thanks for the clip brother. I have always run Flowmaster on my vehicles but I'm hesitant about them on a Subaru. Yours sounds good though. I like that yours is an auto also so I can get a better idea what it will sound like. How is the drone inside the car? I don't mind loud if it's not deafening but I hate that drone that makes you want to stab your eardrums with a pencil.

Just got back from the shop. I went with a Magnaflow. Not sure exactly what model they put on. A small oval case not a canister. Sound is just what I wanted. Sounds like Subaru now but not annoying even at highway speeds. Had them use the existing tip and extend it out slightly so it was flush with ground effects. Over all happy with my decision.

Archived