LegacyGT.com

Vertical Touch Screen Mod

Taking this out of the sticky and giving it a place for discussion. I'd love to see it happen or hear from someone who has done it. I'd probably do this next year, especially if someone trailblazes.

Has anyone bought this from AliExpress:

10.4" Vertical Huge Screen 1024*768 Android Car DVD GPS Navigation Radio Player for Subaru Legacy Outback 2010-2014 Quad Core

http://s.aliexpress.com/JJzeEnMR

If there is... some feedback & review is really great...

Cheers

Johari

Attachment 256701Attachment 256704Attachment 256702Attachment 256705Attachment 256703Click image for larger version

Name: 4829852341733104800.jpg

Views: 21

Size: 52.5 KB

ID: 256706

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP thank you for this thread. I have so many questions about this item.

1) Satellite Radio Compatibility

2) Rear Camera Compatibility

3) Waze App Compatibility

4) Ad mentions wifi. That means built-in LTE, right? What carriers does it work with?

Unless I hear more pluses than minuses, or price gets below $350 or so, it is a pass for me.

OP thank you for this thread. I have so many questions about this item.

1) Satellite Radio Compatibility

2) Rear Camera Compatibility

3) Waze App Compatibility

4) Ad mentions wifi. That means built-in LTE, right? What carriers does it work with?

Unless I hear more pluses than minuses, or price gets below $350 or so, it is a pass for me.

Abby Lee: Hello,

My detailed answer is as follow:

1. Sorry it don't support, it only support simple FM/AM radio

2. Support original camera and aftermarket back camera.

3. I think yes, it can install many apps

4. It's build in wifi.

So if it uses android apps there is a chance that you could get satellite radio, but I wouldn't bank on it.

This looks so good. If someone could verify that the brushed silver matches pretty well it would hit the top of my mod list. (plus backup camera)

They are probably talking about it having wifi so you can use your phone as a hotspot and connect it like that.

I have an Android Joying unit and another option it HAD (taken out in Android 6.0), is you can also setup bluetooth internet sharing. So it'll get data through the bluetooth connection. The bandwidth would be less than WIFI but it also saves bandwidth. When it was working, it was great. Never felt as if the connection was too slow.

While possibly not as exciting and flashy,this is a much better product. The Android version is much more modern and is supported by multiple vendors. It is significantly more powerful and also has a modding scene on xda-developers with custom ROMs and things.

That last bit about getting some love on XDA is key- I have a Kit Kat rom on my old T-Mobile G2 (the one with the z-hinge) just for grins, which goes to show that when those guys like something, they'll keep developing for it forever. Granted, I can't do anything on it without it rebooting, but Kit Kat running on a 7-year-old phone that never saw anything higher than Gingerbread in production is kinda impressive.

I have no idea how that would interface with the harnesses and such in a car that has factory nav and the H/K audio system, but that's actually pretty tempting. I may have to do some perusing...

That last bit about getting some love on XDA is key- I have a Kit Kat rom on my old T-Mobile G2 (the one with the z-hinge) just for grins, which goes to show that when those guys like something, they'll keep developing for it forever. Granted, I can't do anything on it without it rebooting, but Kit Kat running on a 7-year-old phone that never saw anything higher than Gingerbread in production is kinda impressive.

I have no idea how that would interface with the harnesses and such in a car that has factory nav and the H/K audio system, but that's actually pretty tempting. I may have to do some perusing...

I've chatted a few times with the vendor (a bit of a challenge due to language barrier) and David Carter at http://ae64.com and it seems like everything will work properly using the preamp outputs on the headunit to the factory HK amp. There are multiple different types of harnesses you can buy for specific configurations your car may have. My car doesn't have stock nav so I'm not sure on the specifics of that. But each of these headunits come with a maps/nav app preinstalled that supports offline route guidance.

The Ford Focus version got a good review:

It works pretty well, I've liked it so far, it is very good system.

o***e ( 30)

During past month

10.4" Android Vertical Screen Car Radios GPS Navigation for Ford Focus 2012-2015 (#222600282009)

US $398.99

View Item

More reviews on ebay. different cars though.

Excellent navigator. Seller was great.

f***t ( 3 )

During past month

10.2" Android 7 Car GPS Radio Navigation Stereo for 2009-2013 Toyota Highlander (#322715571223)

US $374.99

View Item

Came quick, item was as described

6***6 ( 9 )

During past month

10.4" Android 6.0 Car GPS Navigation Radio Player for Ford Mustang 2013-2017 (#222602412640)

US $549.99

Best Offer Price was Accepted

View Item

Item arrived very promptly and was as described, thanks!

s***r ( 22)

During past 6 months

10.4" Android Vertical Screen Car Radios GPS Navigation for Ford Focus 2012-2015 (#222600282009)

US $398.99

View Item

Amazing system, I love it, so many options, just as described. A++

j***a ( 72)

During past 6 months

10.4" Android Bluetooth Car Radios GPS Navigation for Ford Mustang 2015-2017 (#322633689048)

US $567.15

View Item

Archived