LegacyGT.com

Help sell me on an '18 Legacy vs. '18 Accord...

^^My point was a comparison of sedans, not coupes. You were the one to add the coupe to the mix. Regardless of the weight of the accord sedan vs coupe, the coupe is faster, no doubt. But, for family people, it's not practical. So, back to the sedan discussion we go.

Really though, I could care less what anyone drives, as long as they are happy with it, that's what matters.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've never even laid eyes on a 3.6R much less drive one, but if the 2018 Legacy I have on order is as good as the Wife's 2017 Outback, I'll be happy... :)

Funny thing, but, eveytime we go for a drive in the OB, and then I switch back to the sedan, I realize how tall the OB is vs the sedan. Gets me every time. :lol:

This discussion is going nowhere! Just He said He said.

Agreed. I think the OP may be more confused than when he started. Haha.

Aside from Legacy's AWD, what are some of the other advantages over an Accord. Are there any other features that are really a stand-out? Why doesn't Subaru offer vented seats in their Limited model?

I really wished some pros did some real hard reviews of the safety systems. Is Eyesight better/worse/on-par with Honda Sensing?

Aside from Legacy's AWD, what are some of the other advantages over an Accord. Are there any other features that are really a stand-out? Why doesn't Subaru offer vented seats in their Limited model?

I really wished some pros did some real hard reviews of the safety systems. Is Eyesight better/worse/on-par with Honda Sensing?

worth watching all the way through.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

No disrespect to the Accord but every one and their momma has those new one and the new Camry. You would want to distinguish yourself from an Uber driver.

Get a fun car, be different and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO the Accord was a car that was FUN to drive until they ditched the double wishbone for the strut setup... took the accord's unique character away.... IMHO Subaru does a better job in the handling department... especially with minor tweaks like a larger rear sway bar... Accord is very front heavy particularly with the V6

Well, I am a fan of Subaru's, but I have always liked Mazda especially the gen 3 Mazda6. Mazda just announced a refreshed 2018 model and a 2.5 turbo. I am excited about that car. Looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, I am a fan of Subaru's, but I have always liked Mazda especially the gen 3 Mazda6. Mazda just announced a refreshed 2018 model and a 2.5 turbo. I am excited about that car. Looking forward to trying it out.

2.5 turbo? The 6 handles great.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

^Agree! They are debuting the refresh at the LA Auto Show in just under two weeks. Offering the same 2.5 NA now with cylinder deactivation, as well as the 2.5 turbo (same as the one in the CX9) being available. I loved the handling and driving dynamic but it lacked power when I got my 16 Legacy and went for the AWD. Now that I realized my AWD isn't a make or break deal and they are now offering the turbo I will definitely be interested.

Can't go wrong either way, but here is my vote for the Legacy. Owned (with spouse) 6 Accords, 3 Odys, 2 Ridgelines, and a 2012 Leggy and 2015 Outback and working on an 18 Legacy.

The Subaru eyesight system is much better than Honda's.

Honda quality has gone way down as late and is borderline scary, until the Ito inspired problems complete fade, gotta wait.

First year model purchases are a no-no in this day of very complex electronics.

Bigger folks might be more comfortable in the Accord.

No disrespect to the Accord but every one and their momma has those new one and the new Camry. You would want to distinguish yourself from an Uber driver.

Get a fun car, be different and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fun car? As in a stick, so the Honda :p

I gotta wonder how much an 2.5t Mazda6 would bump up the price? But w/o CP/AA it would def be a deal breaker for me even as much as I like Mazda.

The one thing I like about both Accord & Camry, is putting all the safety features on all trim levels. That makes the selection process a little easier as that is a top priority for me. Sort of surprise that Subaru hasn't taken that approach as well.

I gotta wonder how much an 2.5t Mazda6 would bump up the price? But w/o CP/AA it would def be a deal breaker for me even as much as I like Mazda.

The one thing I like about both Accord & Camry, is putting all the safety features on all trim levels. That makes the selection process a little easier as that is a top priority for me. Sort of surprise that Subaru hasn't taken that approach as well.

Sorry, what is CP/AA? Some people seem to think they will add AWD but I'm not so sure, we will have to see what the full unveil brings on Wednesday the 29th. The price bump for the turbo would be $1-1.5k I'm guessing

That is coming, you can now get Impreza's with Eyesight, all optional upgrades.

Probably mandated soon, or they will just go for it and all new Subaru's will have Eyesight, matching Toyota, Honda... see a trend...

Mazda even has the safety features (currently optional upgrades for their cars) available for mazda's with manual transmissions, so that might mean Subaru adapts eyesight for manual transmission STI/WRX's and Impreza, as well.

Archived