LegacyGT.com

Help sell me on an '18 Legacy vs. '18 Accord...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Not at all, but, it's so much fun to do doughnuts in the snow. Loved my WRX for lots of fun times in the NE. :) Wish they retained a manual in the Legacy, although the 3.6R is no slouch. Traction, and torque. ;)

Try an Accord vs a Legacy in the mountains/twisties, some day...you'll appreciate the drive as well as learn a thing or two about AWD vs FWD vs RWD even. If it's about the 'drive,' I'd ditch FWD.

Try an Accord vs a Legacy in the mountains/twisties, some day...you'll appreciate the drive as well as learn a thing or two about AWD vs FWD vs RWD even. If it's about the 'drive,' I'd ditch FWD.

I had almost a year with a 2017 Accord V6, and 278hp on the front wheels was one thing I couldn't get used to...

Sold it last week and Ordered a 2018 3.6R Legacy... The wife has a 2017 Outback and the Ride, Seats, Visibility is something the Accord was lacking...

I'd think a Buzzy in-line 4 banger with a Turbo would be a PITA down the road... But, that's just me... :)

Gotta have that AWD for the 3 days a year that the roads are impassable. Totally makes up for the extra weight, less mpgs and much much much much slower 0-60.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. :)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

^^ meaux... I did consider a WRX...for the manual. However, I've known the legacies to be darn nice since 2005, when I got my first turbo'd one. They've really come a long way...for an underdog. :)

Of course, I wish Subaru would have paired a manual to the H6 for the US. Sigh...

^^Not at all, but, it's so much fun to do doughnuts in the snow. Loved my WRX for lots of fun times in the NE. :) Wish they retained a manual in the Legacy, although the 3.6R is no slouch. Traction, and torque. ;)

I own both and never drive the Legacy. It's slow, handles like shit and gets shitty MPG.

The Accord is much faster (V6 0-60 5.6sec), handles better and gets 35mpg. God help your stock WRX in a 60 roll. It will lose.

As far as living in the NE goes, I spent 20 years driving FWD/RWD and had no issues. A good set of all seasons is all you need 99% of the time.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Comparable equipment: like FWD vs AWD?

I had almost a year with a 2017 Accord V6, and 278hp on the front wheels was one thing I couldn't get used to...

Sold it last week and Ordered a 2018 3.6R Legacy... The wife has a 2017 Outback and the Ride, Seats, Visibility is something the Accord was lacking...

I'd think a Buzzy in-line 4 banger with a Turbo would be a PITA down the road... But, that's just me... :)

Really that much difference? Did you have AWD before the Accord?

One thing for certain, how well the turbo hold up over the long has just to be determine. But a lot of companies are going all-in.

The Accord is much faster (V6 0-60 5.6sec), handles better and gets 35mpg. God help your stock WRX in a 60 roll. It will lose.

It actually won't. My friend has 2017 Accord V6 and I walked him easily on 60mph roll, I was actually surprised at how uncompetitive of a race it was. My GT just has a Cobb AP and ran similar times at the track as a stock WRX.

Really that much difference? Did you have AWD before the Accord?
No, I had a BMW 530i, Porsche 968, Infiniti Q45 and so on... I'm just used to RWD... Another thing about that Honda was the 6sp. Auto... 1st Gear was always short, and you were in 2nd gear right after moving from a dead stop... Aggravating, with no way to change it... Dang thing couldn't make up it's mind on downshifts too... The 2018 Accord now has a 10sp. Auto... WTF???

One thing for certain, how well the turbo hold up over the long has just to be determine. But a lot of companies are going all-in.
IMO, Turbos are for Race Cars... I'm glad I ordered the 3.6R NA now, because who knows whats gonna happen next... I don't need or want a Turbo to maintain...

My BMW Wrench was sad when they went the 4 banger Turbo route, so was I...

It actually won't. My friend has 2017 Accord V6 and I walked him easily on 60mph roll, I was actually surprised at how uncompetitive of a race it was. My GT just has a Cobb AP and ran similar times at the track as a stock WRX.

Don't believe me? How about Road and Track. They mention the Evo and STi being slower. I know it's hard for some people to comprehend that an econo-box Accord is powerful;

Most critically, however, the V6 Accord is the very definition of a "sleeper". Nobody can ever believe that it's going to drop them from a light the way it does. In a freeway "40 roll" the V6 is wickedly effective at breaking the hearts of stock Evolution and STI owners. Let's not even talk about GTIs and other "hot hatches;" they are easy meat for the big-but-light Honda even if they get a jump in it. Late last year, I found out that my personal car can also keep pace with a Focus RS in those situations. In places where Accords are thick on the ground, such as Southern California and central Ohio, the big-bore coupes are absolutely invisible to the police.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33313/honda-accord-v6-coupe-muscle-car/

:munch:

@meaux...turbos are the future my friend...get used to it.
Hybrids are... Internal Combustion Engines will be very small and only used to 'Charge' the Batteries, not Power the Car... :)

The last time I was excited by a Turbo was back in the 70's when it came off the boat from Germany, the Porsche 911 Turbo... I used to uncover it so customers could bring their Family in for a Picture... :)

I'm 68 yeas old, the Future is yours my friend, and from what I see these days, it don't look all that exciting... :)

Don't believe me? How about Road and Track. They mention the Evo and STi being slower. I know it's hard for some people to comprehend that an econo-box Accord is powerful;

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33313/honda-accord-v6-coupe-muscle-car/

:lol::lol::lol:That is the same article my friend read and it is the reason why he was convinced his new Accord was faster. :lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunately it is an over exuberant opinion article and is not based any real world instrument testing. Reread the article, it's an opinion piece written by a Honda owner and enthusiast (Their is no way his Accord steams away past 130, unless steaming is slowly accelerating 1 mph ever sec or so.) My car is definitely doesn't run as fast as a stock STI or Evo, either. I actually ran my friends, Accord the same night I went to the track which I ran a 13.7. We went 4 times and and I pulled 3-4 car length from 60-100. I even gave him a jump on one of the races. I don't how familiar your are in racing but that is not a close race for how long we raced (less than 10 seconds). We did 4 roll races in total that night in Mexico. My friend is an experienced racer, I do know he uses 93 octane, and I don't doubt driving ability. I don't know maybe he has a slow engine, but ersonally, I wouldn't bet any money on your Accord in any type race with those cars, because your wallet is probably end up lighter unless you can find someone who has questionable driving skill.

Based on track times I have seen in magazines, I am sure its noticebly faster than the Legacy 3.6R, but I would stay away the cars the article owner claims he is faster than even including the GTI (which can be easily modified) which he quickly dismisses.

Hybrids are... Internal Combustion Engines will be very small and only used to 'Charge' the Batteries, not Power the Car... :)

I'm 68 yeas old, the Future is yours my friend, and from what I see these days, it don't look all that exciting... :)

You are correct, to a degree, my old friend. In 10 years, you won't be able to buy a car or drive one for that matter based on the push for autonomous driving and government regulations. Reading a ton of articles recently where, unless you live in the country, or have a special permit to own and drive your own car, "we" will be forced to use autonomous cars to take us from point A to B and car ownership will be a thing of the past as we will pay services a fee to drive us where we need to get to. Very sad day when that happens but it WILL happen...it's only a matter of time and the clock is ticking! Anyone that fails to recognize this is living under a rock.....

Some dude on a Subaru forum > Road and Track

:lol::lol::lol:

Butt dyno vs. real numbers :spin:

It's funny that you take this guys opinion and try and use it as some kind of justification for your opinion.

From the article:

As painful as it may be to do so, therefore, I'm going to disqualify the Fusion Sport because it has four doors, all-wheel-drive, and a mandatory automatic transmission. .......... That leaves us with three American-made contenders. Two of them are only available as four-door automatics,

The idiot can't even make up his mind.

Disqualifies the Fusion because it a 4 door auto while the two he left in are exactly that- 4 door autos.

No one but you ever mentioned the coupe. Perhaps the OP does not want a 2 door? I still would prefer it to be a rear-wheel drive. Alas, no car company gets everything correct. ;)

In either case, life's too short to sit around the 'net pondering.

I've had a couple of coupes in the past, last one was '01 Acura CL. Aside from the tranny issue, I like the looks but 2-doors are just not as convenient as 4-doors, even being an empty-nester.

^^I searched long and hard, for a car that I could live with everyday. The Accord Coupe was a contender, but, 2-doors just aren't practical for a family...so, it was crossed off the list.

Mazda 6, Accord v6, Legacy 3.6R, Infiniti Q50 3.0t, Chevy SS, Fusion Sport w/ AWD, and mostly everything else around 35K (though, the Q50 is a bit more than that, so, it was crossed out. I have driven one, and they are nice, but, not worth the cost to me). WRX and STi also came in, but, I wanted something as a daily driver...and while I do like the WRX and STi a lot, I just wanted a break from a manual for a bit. So, I went with the 3.6R sedan and wife a 3.6R Outback. I don't see many around, especially the 3.6R's, so, I like the uniqueness. Aside from the tires on the sedan and a bit of wind noise (which is almost non-existant in the wife's OB), there's not much I regret about making the decision.

In any case, since my first 2002 WRX wagon, I never changed car companies...just cars offered by the company. ;)

^^I searched long and hard, for a car that I could live with everyday. The Accord Coupe was a contender, but, 2-doors just aren't practical for a family...so, it was crossed off the list.

Mazda 6, Accord v6, Legacy 3.6R, Infiniti Q50 3.0t, Chevy SS, Fusion Sport w/ AWD, and mostly everything else around 35K (though, the Q50 is a bit more than that, so, it was crossed out. I have driven one, and they are nice, but, not worth the cost to me). WRX and STi also came in, but, I wanted something as a daily driver...and while I do like the WRX and STi a lot, I just wanted a break from a manual for a bit. So, I went with the 3.6R sedan and wife a 3.6R Outback. I don't see many around, especially the 3.6R's, so, I like the uniqueness. Aside from the tires on the sedan and a bit of wind noise (which is almost non-existant in the wife's OB), there's not much I regret about making the decision.

In any case, since my first 2002 WRX wagon, I never changed car companies...just cars offered by the company. ;)

Yeah, I've never even laid eyes on a 3.6R much less drive one, but if the 2018 Legacy I have on order is as good as the Wife's 2017 Outback, I'll be happy... :)

If you want hang your hat on an opinion article from a Honda Accord v6 owner that is up to you. I gave my real world experience and I am not going argue the subject further.

Because you think you know more than a writer for Road and Track? You're stopping because you're wrong? Check.

No one but you ever mentioned the coupe. Perhaps the OP does not want a 2 door? I still would prefer it to be a rear-wheel drive. Alas, no car company gets everything correct. ;)

In either case, life's too short to sit around the 'net pondering.

Sedan; 3239lbs

Coupe; 3349lbs

Your point was?

Archived