LegacyGT.com

Help sell me on an '18 Legacy vs. '18 Accord...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beware that Honda automatic transmission don't hold up well. I have replace so many automatic transmission in the Honda/Acura's.

I have and my sibling own allot of Honda/Acura's from Accord's (carb and fuel Injection), Legend's, Integra's, TSX, CRV, MDX, Civic and RL.

I would wait on the 2018 Accord because there equipped with Force Induction. Your going to have a tons of recalls and maybe issues. Then you need to ask yourself do I want FWD or AWD. The main reason

I hate about the Honda there always behind with other vehicle manufacture. Force Induction in 2017, Civic Type R 2017 for the US model (overpriced FWD). They don't fix the issues on there automatic transmission, etc.

What hurts Honda was they switched the Integra model to the RSX. BIG mistake for Honda. They should of kept the Integra and put the K motors inside them. Now Acura only have the NSX is the only performance vehicle. Wondering if they will ever bring back the S2000?

It is also looking like the new Civic Type-R may be experiencing issues with MT, specifically 3rd gear. A couple YouTube reviewers have mention it.

Honda's own new 10-speed AT, that coupled with not fully knowing what the long term effects will be on turbo engines, has me very gun shy to Honda's line up. I'm not sure I want to get burned a second time.

I would cross shop the new Camry if I was looking at current models. They are getting a lot of power out of their engines (class leading) and the new design is getting very good reviews.

But NO Apple Car Play -or- Android Auto-- I think Toyota is making a big mistake here. Maybe they won't lose everyone, but will most savvy car buyers. I scratched Toyota's off my list for that very reason, and also the reason I bypassed on the '17 Legacy.

You should have bought a skate board is AA tablet. That will make you savvy.

B.S. M.I S. Etc. Etc.and all my certifications what makes a me savvy. The ability a vehicle to get me and my family from A to B safely is the reason to buy a Subaru.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I think the new camry grill is ugly, but everything else checks most boxes (previous comment applies, no applecar play), they have a very fuel efficient motor with great power output...

the 2018 Camry 2.5 puts out 203 hp and gets 29 city/41 highway mpg. Subaru 2.5 is @ 175 hp ...14% less power...from more gas...

However, I want a hot hatch next. My wife has a 2017 Acura RDX which gives us room to carry things (and people), 90% of the time is it just me in my car or the two of us (8%) which leaves only a half-dozen times or less in the last year that I had a back seat passenger.

So I can downsize to something sporty and fun, as long as it has the current safety features, adaptive cruise, and LED or HID headlights. Maybe at best I cross-shop a WRX hatch if they offer one, but Mazda or VW are strong contenders...for leasing...since Mazda should have the brand new SkyActive X engine and VW probably still has reliability issues in two years, unless they spend the next two years becoming more like Audi...

I think the new camry grill is ugly, but everything else checks most boxes (previous comment applies, no applecar play), they have a very fuel efficient motor with great power output...

I also dislike the ugly grille and I agree with your other comments. Apple car play does not interest me (but Toyota will include that sooner than later) ... but I'm a huge fan of the Heads Up Display and that red upholstery on the V6 is calling out to me :lol:

The V6 camry is slower than the Accord 2.0T...not by alot but still. And apparently is very uninspiring to drive, as if it was a transportation appliance :iam:

I would bypass the Accord and Camry based on the fact you will never escape seeing them everywhere you go. And because one day it might snow in Florida and I don't wan't to be stuck doing one wheel wonders with a FWD, ;)

The V6 camry is slower than the Accord 2.0T...not by alot but still. And apparently is very uninspiring to drive, as if it was a transportation appliance :iam:

I would bypass the Accord and Camry based on the fact you will never escape seeing them everywhere you go. And because one day it might snow in Florida and I don't wan't to be stuck doing one wheel wonders with a FWD, ;)

I buy AWD for the 50+ rain fall we have every year.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

between the two I'd rather have the V6 less noise vibration, etc

Correct on the 0-60 comparison. The 2.0T Accord is faster than the V6 Camry XLE. Accord 0-60 @ 5.7 sec. Camry V6 0-60 @ 5.8 sec based on latest Motor Trend side by side comparison test.

It is also looking like the new Civic Type-R may be experiencing issues with MT, specifically 3rd gear. A couple YouTube reviewers have mention it.

Honda's own new 10-speed AT, that coupled with not fully knowing what the long term effects will be on turbo engines, has me very gun shy to Honda's line up. I'm not sure I want to get burned a second time.

That is funny that you mention MT issue with 3rd gear. I know allot of Honda owners always experience 3rd gear grind on the MT. They end up swapping out internal parts to fix the 3rd gear in the older models Civic, Integra, CRX, etc.

I know I'm late to this, but starting looking at the Accord based on the other thread where it is mentioned.

Bottom line SOA Fed up. They offer a Forester Premium with 6spd, but not a Legacy? Stupid.

My son is getting his license soon and inheriting the 11 Legacy. I had hoped to replace it with a new Legacy, but no manual guarantees we'll be buying another brand.

The 18 Accord gets the same safety rating and offers a Turbo 6spd- Subaru is making it easy to choose something else.

I know I'm late to this, but starting looking at the Accord based on the other thread where it is mentioned.

Bottom line SOA Fed up. They offer a Forester Premium with 6spd, but not a Legacy? Stupid.

My son is getting his license soon and inheriting the 11 Legacy. I had hoped to replace it with a new Legacy, but no manual guarantees we'll be buying another brand.

The 18 Accord gets the same safety rating and offers a Turbo 6spd- Subaru is making it easy to choose something else.

I've been driving a MT for the last 15-16 years, and I'm ready switch back to AT, as I'm no longer a young pup, & just ready for a easier drive time. Honda with a much larger customer base, can easily afford to work in a few MT for those enthusiast still wanting them. Whereas SOA may not have enough interest to warrant a few MT in a mid-size sedan.

I've been driving a MT for the last 15-16 years, and I'm ready switch back to AT, as I'm no longer a young pup, & just ready for a easier drive time. Honda with a much larger customer base, can easily afford to work in a few MT for those enthusiast still wanting them. Whereas SOA may not have enough interest to warrant a few MT in a mid-size sedan.

Fair enough, but of the models to offer a manual on, the Forester?

I have a hard time believing there is more demand for a 6spd small SUV over a 6spd Sedan.

I'm 50 and still want a manual.

Fair enough, but of the models to offer a manual on, the Forester?

I have a hard time believing there is more demand for a 6spd small SUV over a 6spd Sedan.

I'm 50 and still want a manual.

I hear ya, & good thing that Honda is still willing to make MT happen on Accord if not for only the Sport model.

I really wished more manufacture would setup leather seats w/ venting. Really wished the EX-L had vented seats, as I don't want to pony up extra for the Touring.

Last night I took a look at a new '18 Accord 1.5 Sport model. Looked very nice, but not too happy w/ all the dealer's $1,100 BS add-on. Plans to test drive one next week sometime. Def puts me directly on top the middle of the fence, so far there's not a lot not to like. It will be interesting to see how it rides & handles, plus any road noise as only the EX & up get extra sound insulation.

I lose all respect for dealers that do these mark-ups because the car is new and, possibly, in "demand". Total BS as you stated above. I know there are Honda "haters" on this site but, I must say, I just saw one on the road for the first time and it looks very nice. The reviews on it have been amazingly positive and it destroyed the 2018 Camry in all comparison tests done by several mags. I love Subaru's but the Honda would be on my list to look at and take for a long spin. As a first model year, you always need to be "careful" but my 15 Legacy was a first model year and it was flawless and never an issue with it.

The Accord looks great but for those of us in the Frozen White North, who live through a 6 month winter, once you've driven AWD it's hard to go back to a front driver.

We get a certain amount of dealer add-ons here but they're typically $40 wheel locks and don't add up to much. When in Florida last Spring getting work done on my Subaru I noticed that every single car in the dealership's new car inventory had had a pinstripe applied. New cars arriving that day did not. I asked a salesman and he told me they charge $135 per car for the stripes and that they had a guy come in regularly to paint every car.

It got me looking at cars on the street and it seemed that almost every car less than 5 years old, all makes, had pinstripes on them. Haven't seen pinstripes around here for 20 years.

Pinstripes are 1980's. I hate them and they are typically not painted and nothing more than a vinyl tape that can be peeled off. I have not seen any dealers in N. FL installing pinstripes so your comment is overly generalized.

My thoughts exactly. I got over pinstripes decades ago. If you want specific, my observations were in Daytona Beach. Swing by Subaru of Daytona on Nova Road and check out the painted pinstripes on their new car inventory. While you're there check out the number of pinstriped cars in town.

Archived