LegacyGT.com

Does 2018 remote start still require a separate FOB.

rec630

While checking with sales dude on a 3.6R to test drive, I asked about Subaru remote start options and he wasn't vey familiar. I read that starting in 2017, the remote start instead of being integrated with the main fob, there is a second fob for remote start.

Is that still true for 2018? If so, is it very big? Carrying 2 fobs around in my pocket is not ideal...never seem to have enough room in there anyway:)

As per Cars101.com...

Remote engine start (0FD) $458, models with pushbutton start

Note: the engine shuts off when a door is open. Works up to 400 feet depending on walls. Uses a 2nd remote start fob.

Note: the engine shuts off when a door is opened

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

As per Cars101.com...

Remote engine start (0FD) $458, models with pushbutton start

Note: the engine shuts off when a door is open. Works up to 400 feet depending on walls. Uses a 2nd remote start fob.

Note: the engine shuts off when a door is opened

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Thanks. Looks like 2nd FOB is the new norm, but kind of a pain in the pocket (space wise), but not a deal breaker.

I keep forgetting about cars101. Great info, but doesnt seem to have updated much with the Legacy since the 2015s/2016s, but I should take a closer look again.

• 3 weeks later...
Short tutorial for both FOBs:

Radio on until door opened may be an annoyance some times, but is it not risk of a battery drain other times since radio cones on automatically? e.g. start car remotely and something happens to delay you and you shut car off without going out to open door. Now youve got radio going.

Does it stay on forever or will it perhaps stop after the cabin power timeout after shutoff added in 2018?

Archived