LegacyGT.com

Difference between 2012 WRX and Legacy Strut

Hold on gents. Woah! Please edit you posts above to avoid confusion.

The 08-10 WRX strut uses the same spring perch as ours, and same lower mount, but the spring perch is 3/8" lower than ours.

The 11-14 WRX strut uses the same spring perch as ours, with a 0.5" deeper lower mount, so the strut sits more upright, but the spring perch is 1/4" higher than ours.

WRX struts have a different bracket for the speed sensor mounting. We have a square push clip, they use a small bolt. To do it right, you need to make a little bracket. I wouldn't trust a zip tie for long.

So whatever wheel fits with a Legacy strut, will definitely fit with an 11-14 WRX strut, but may not fit with an 08-10 WRX strut.

18x9.5+38 with a 245/40 tire will just clear a Legacy strut. You could get away with a 245/45, 255/40 or possibly a 265/35 tire if you use an 11-14 WRX strut.

Hold on gents. Woah! Please edit you posts above to avoid confusion..

I was waiting for your to knock this one out of the park.... If there ever was some confusion for GT to clear up, it is this one. :lol:

Just told by a guy with a 2014 Legacy that hes running 265/35/18 on a 18x9.5 et40 wheel on factory struts with HR Sport Springs.
The amount of fender work necessary for that to work scares me. The 35 series may be helping him not touch the strut.

So had the guy take a pic of clearance. I quote the owner "I have leaned on these tires hard on a road that drops or gains 3000 vertical. When having the tires rotated I have yet to see any rub...". He also states that he hasn't done any fender work. Mind you he's dropped 1.5f and 1.25r.

IMG_2318.JPG.84828ef04f91b1e14f6b0ecbb6fcd9a4.JPG

Archived