LegacyGT.com

3.6 brake feel

I'm hoping to do an upgrade to the oem sti brembo brake setup, but besides that, is there anything else to improve brake feel and performance? Are there braided brake lines for the 6th gen specifically or can we use another year's or model's? Is there a brake brace for the 6th gen? I haven't looked into better pads yet as I'm still trying to save up for the brembo setup. It just seems like the brake performance is lacking. I have tried searching on the forum and the internet in general, any help would be appreciated.

Shameless plug.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ca-2008-sti-brembo-calipers-front-and-rear-263901.html

IIRC, there isn't anything specific yet for 6th Gens. Chances are the 5th Gen Goodridge SS braided lines will work, but I know you guys have a different rear brake setup than any other Subie to date. STi Brembo fronts will bolt right up for you. The rears, you may be stuck with your stock brakes. And I don't know of any master cylinder braces available for you guys.

As many of the 5th Genners did, you may just have to buck it up and do your own R&D by buying stuff you think might fit and giving it a try.

I'm not knocking the plug haha. I would definitely buy them but a little out of my price range right now seeing as I'd still have to get new rotors and pads. I traded in a wrx for the legacy because I needed the extra interior space, but it sucks that there isn't much out there for the 6th gen...I also don't want to spend so much money right now on R&D. I'll have to keep trying different things to see what works.

My front Brembos come with Hawk pads that are at least 80%, if not more. Totally useable. All you need is rotors for $200. They will bolt right up to your stock brake lines.

http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-series/2024_2014+Subaru+Impreza+WRX+STI+-+Sedan/577_KNS+4K+Brake+Rotor+-+Single+Rotor

Archived