LegacyGT.com

Data to scale injectors for idle

1-3-2-4

I need to scale my injectors so I can at least idle somewhat normal instead of stumbling and a very low idle, I don't know what the stock settings are but I dropped in some 850cc injectors.

Anything I should start off with?

I need to scale my injectors so I can at least idle somewhat normal instead of stumbling and a very low idle, I don't know what the stock settings are but I dropped in some 850cc injectors.

Anything I should start off with?

What tables have you changed?

Did you change the injector scalar value?

Do you have any flow sheets for the injectors?

These are sidefeed injectors so I'm assuming 05-06. There are quite a few tables thay need to be tweaked.

What tables have you changed?

Did you change the injector scalar value?

Do you have any flow sheets for the injectors?

These are sidefeed injectors so I'm assuming 05-06. There are quite a few tables thay need to be tweaked.

Haven't gone out to the car yet no flow sheet

What brand injector? What color are they? Not all sidefeeds are the same.

If injectors are deatschwerks, you can start with the following for a quick base:

Injector Latency: keep stock for now if deatschwerks but sometimes this needs tweaked

Injector scalar: Change value to 850

Now the tricky part.... you'll want to find every table with "pulse width" as an axis or the main part the table. Multiply the "pulse width" values by "(old scalar)/(new scalar)".

For example, in my stock rom (A2WC522N) the stock injector scalar is 520.59 and my new scalar is 740 so I multiply all "pulse width" values in tables by 520.59/740 which equals 0.7035.

By a quick rough count, there are at least 10 tables that must be multiplied by the (old scalar)/(new scalar). There are also newly defined tables that can be tweaked in the same way to aid in low load/rpm driving but I'm not sure if you have them available for your rom.

One last thing you'll have to deal with is the "Panel fuel consumption" that tells you your mpg on the information panel. This value you'll want to multiply by the (new scalar)/(old scalar).

What brand injector? What color are they? Not all sidefeeds are the same.

If injectors are deatschwerks, you can start with the following for a quick base:

Injector Latency: keep stock for now if deatschwerks but sometimes this needs tweaked

Injector scalar: Change value to 850

Now the tricky part.... you'll want to find every table with "pulse width" as an axis or the main part the table. Multiply the "pulse width" values by "(old scalar)/(new scalar)".

For example, in my stock rom (A2WC522N) the stock injector scalar is 520.59 and my new scalar is 740 so I multiply all "pulse width" values in tables by 520.59/740 which equals 0.7035.

By a quick rough count, there are at least 10 tables that must be multiplied by the (old scalar)/(new scalar). There are also newly defined tables that can be tweaked in the same way to aid in low load/rpm driving but I'm not sure if you have them available for your rom.

One last thing you'll have to deal with is the "Panel fuel consumption" that tells you your mpg on the information panel. This value you'll want to multiply by the (new scalar)/(old scalar).

They are red tops I want to say they are from a Nissan where in romraider do you change the scaler?

They are red tops I want to say they are from a Nissan where in romraider do you change the scaler?
There is a table under the folder "fueling-injectors" titled "injector scalar".

I'm concerned that you don't have any flow sheet or injector data for the injectors. The latency (dead time) values will definitely need to be tweaked since the red tops aren't modified subaru injectors. Latency can really affect idle and to an extent, cruise as well.

You might end up chasing your tail. How well scaled is your air intake?

First things first I started romraider logger I saw the field for the flow scaling I had to do something else so I closed out of the program and then later went back and the injector part is all greyed out?? I've been trying for the past 30 min and I can't get it to show a field to type in again.. it's getting dark out now so I have to stop for the night

There is a table under the folder "fueling-injectors" titled "injector scalar".

I'm concerned that you don't have any flow sheet or injector data for the injectors. The latency (dead time) values will definitely need to be tweaked since the red tops aren't modified subaru injectors. Latency can really affect idle and to an extent, cruise as well.

You might end up chasing your tail. How well scaled is your air intake?

Also the seller gave me a avg number for the dead time to work with if I remember it was 1.3ms my intake I haven't touch other then putting on the spt intake.

I need an idea on what to log and monitor I need to figure out why I was unable to enter the data for the injector scaler and it was grayed out

Also the seller gave me a avg number for the dead time to work with if I remember it was 1.3ms my intake I haven't touch other then putting on the spt intake.

I need an idea on what to log and monitor I need to figure out why I was unable to enter the data for the injector scaler and it was grayed out

There is no logging. You need to change the values in the rom via romraider or ecuflash and then flash to your car.

You also need to change the maf scaling for your intake. If I were you I would not start your car again without some significant help. You can wash your cylinder walls with fuel very easily, especially since the rings have not sealed yet!

There is no logging. You need to change the values in the rom via romraider or ecuflash and then flash to your car.

You also need to change the maf scaling for your intake. If I were you I would not start your car again without some significant help. You can wash your cylinder walls with fuel very easily, especially since the rings have not sealed yet!

Then I must be missing something for the ECuflash part because when I went to it, it was pretty much blank however it was connected to the COM port and all.

I already updated everything so I can't figure out why I can't see the data on it.

Then I must be missing something for the ECuflash part because when I went to it, it was pretty much blank however it was connected to the COM port and all.

I already updated everything so I can't figure out why I can't see the data on it.

Wait, you already flashed the edited map? I'm confused.

Let's start over.

Have you changed the map, saved it, connected test mode connectors and flashed to the vehicle with ecuflash?

Wait, you already flashed the edited map? I'm confused.

Let's start over.

Have you changed the map, saved it, connected test mode connectors and flashed to the vehicle with ecuflash?

Nothing has been changed it's still stock.. I do have Romraider installed however looking on Impreza.net I don't have ecuflash and if I understand right I can make a backup of my Rom using ecuflash? Well looks like you can I just installed it and updated the definitions to the most current version.

Anything else that I'm missing?

Nothing has been changed it's still stock.. I do have Romraider installed however looking on Impreza.net I don't have ecuflash and if I understand right I can make a backup of my Rom using ecuflash? Well looks like you can I just installed it and updated the definitions to the most current version.

Anything else that I'm missing?

Ok.

Connect test connectors and plug in the obd2 cable.

Turn ignition to the on position without starting the car.

Click on the button to pull/download the current rom and let it do its thing.

It will take some time for it to finish. Not matter what happens DO NOT TURN THE KEY OFF until everything is finished. Turning off the key can and most likely will brick the ecu.

Once you've pulled the rom you can edit values from the map using ecuflash. Save the map with a name like basemap.hex.

To flash, plug in test connectors and obd2 cable.

Turn ignition on and then click on the button to flash to car. Again DO NOT TURN THE KEY OFF UNTIL EVERYTHING IS DONE. If you get an error, flash the original rom back to the car again and then try the edited one again.

ok i'm at the car the test connectors are the green plugs just above the fuse box correct? I have them connected and I open ecuflash and it says no vehicle interface connected but yet if I open romraider logger I can see data..

ecuflash.thumb.jpg.6ae4c111a4745b7b89028e6409cede18.jpg

Well I found the test mode connectors on the drivers side under the carpet but still same issue with ecuFlash
The green test connectors should be on passenger side under carpet under glovebox.

Once plugged in with obd2 cable plugged in, you should see the options light up on ecuflash.

The green test connectors should be on passenger side under carpet under glovebox.

Once plugged in with obd2 cable plugged in, you should see the options light up on ecuflash.

Got that someone else had the same issue with me with the no vehicle interface I had to uninstall and it ended up installing the drivers again and it worked.. So I finally got the ROM off the car

Got that someone else had the same issue with me with the no vehicle interface I had to uninstall and it ended up installing the drivers again and it worked.. So I finally got the ROM off the car
Ok good. Again, number one thing once you've saved the rom and are ready to flash is not to turn the key off until it flashes correctly.

Ok good. Again, number one thing once you've saved the rom and are ready to flash is not to turn the key off until it flashes correctly.

Got it I see the injector flow scaling is at 520 right now it seems my concern would be the injector latency

injectors_stock.thumb.jpg.f13c68ba317b1653fa83b36877c18c8f.jpg

Got it I see the injector flow scaling is at 520 right now it seems my concern would be the injector latency
I wouldn't touch the latency yet. It is difficult to dial in. You need to start with 850 for your scalar and the maf scaling for the spt intake.

If you feel comfortable enough, change the other tables I mentioned but the scalar and maf is a good start.

I wouldn't touch the latency yet. It is difficult to dial in. You need to start with 850 for your scalar and the maf scaling for the spt intake.

If you feel comfortable enough, change the other tables I mentioned but the scalar and maf is a good start.

Set the maf scalar to 850 as well?

Archived