LegacyGT.com

New TPMS Question

Eugene Onegin

With a device like this you can switch between your summer and winter set ups and still have TPMS work:

ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SCWXN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pNaXzbVN8K0MA

You’ll obviously need another set of sensors, and you’ll need to know the frequencies they broadcast at (printed on sensor).

FWIW, a piece of black electrical tape about 1 square inch will block out that light on the dash.

A couple weeks after having new tires mounted, the light came on in my 09 Spec B, I had the Subaru dealer tell me what was wrong. Two of the sensors had dead batteries. That piece of tape works well and was cheap.

When I had a slow leak from a nail the few weeks back, I saw it by looking at the car and tires every time I walk up to car in the driveway, kind of like I was taught to do back in the 1970's. That system is much cheaper and works great. You need to be aware of your surroundings and take responsibility for what your about to do.

I know that may be old school...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, a piece of black electrical tape about 1 square inch will block out that light on the dash.

I'm not sure about recent Subarus but I believe some cars use TPMS data in other systems like dynamic stability control and traction control so just ignoring the light may compromise those systems. I'll have to decide whether or not to instal monitors in my winter wheels/tires. I guess my dealer can tell me what most of their customers do. We have a mandatory snow tire law here in Quebec.

Archived