LegacyGT.com

First ever datalog, look good?

wbrawley

Haven't adjusted anything/tuned yet, still using OTS Cobb Stage 2 93 Oct tune. I sent the log to Cobb. They are thinking I have a vacuum leak somewhere.

While replacing my turbo I found the lines that ran under the inlet to the tee off the turbo were dry rotted so I spent some time replacing and adding length to all those lines and using zip ties or small worm clamps on all of them to ensure I wont need to deal with that for the rest of this cars life or the engine blows and needs a rebuild :)

May be worth taking a weekend (youll need it) to trace the lines and replace if needed.

With a 52 on all other stock components people really seem to love the end results you should be happy once

Yeah, it seems to pull very smooth but nowhere near target boost. Probably try a cheap MBC next and eliminate the T lines to see if it is the wastegate or not. Cobb says I can unplug the hose at wastegate to force it closed but it's worth a try.

SOLVED leak. I took old turbo over to shop after work and he tested the wastegate with an air hose. New wastegate wouldn't hold air pressure, leaked right out the back. Old one held over 30 psi on 212,000 mile IHI VF40. Gonna switch over wastegate in the morning and see.

Archived