LegacyGT.com

Make a circuit about fan speed controller

Gillbornue

I am attempting to make a circuit about fan speed controller as my college extend. As the accompanying circuit appears:

The circuit is made up by a 12V DC fan speed controller utilizing LM2914CT which is delivered by Texas Instruments. According to the datasheet of P0080EBMCLRP1, https://www.icrfq.com/part/543988-P0080EBMCLRP1.html it positive voltage controller includes the capacity to source 1A of yield current with a run of the mill dropout voltage of 0.5V and a most extreme of 1V over the whole temperature run. Furthermore, the LM2941CT is shielded from the turn around battery establishments or two-battery bounced.

I am certain that the IC is reasonable for my project. I likewise got the required yield on the breadboard, However, I neglected to get the yield on PCB when the format is done on hawk programming; I figure I don't know to utilize the bird programming. So would anyone be able to please help me the format of this circuit?It will be of colossal offer assistance.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

This is a linear voltage regulator. If you are talking a blower motor fan, or cooling fan, this won't have enough current capability to do the job. But you can wrap an NPN transistor (or two) around it to boost the current in a big way. I can find a link to ciricuit if you want.

A better way would be a chopper circuit, aka Pulse Width Modulator. Add a current sense and that would get you an A+. I used an LM3524 years ago on a 15A buck convertor.

This is a linear voltage regulator. If you are talking a blower motor fan, or cooling fan, this won't have enough current capability to do the job. But you can wrap an NPN transistor (or two) around it to boost the current in a big way. I can find a link to ciricuit if you want.

A better way would be a chopper circuit, aka Pulse Width Modulator. Add a current sense and that would get you an A+. I used an LM3524 years ago on a 15A buck convertor.

Thanks, Donny, for your reply and helping me.

Yes please, share the link. And how was the LM3524? I think I can get valuable information from you. Please share your experience too.

Thanks.

My knowledge is a little faded after 20 years, but the LM3524 is a single or dual output PWM. You choose the Resistor and Capacitor to set up your oscillator. I recall we used components that fell between 90 and 100kHz. But ever a 10th of that would be fine. In terms of pass devices, we used power MOSFETs which could be driven directly from the IC. If you used two I believe you could vary between 100% on-time to pretty much 0%. Have a look at the application notes, I don't believe you'll need any magnetics to make your circuit. It uses a conventional negative feedback voltage divider circuit to control output. Think of it like a linear OpAmp regulator (like the LM723) but the output is switching instead of variable.

Now that I think of it, I recall seeing application notes on making a 723 behave like a switcher.

Archived