LegacyGT.com

Unexpected Subaru owner

So i just got my 93 legacy back..

Odd story. Car was bought for my girls sister to use to get to work and such. One night in early 2015 it was stolen off the street by her work. No sign of it and we all kind of forgot about it.

Fast forward over 2 years, I get a pair of tickets in the mail *abandoned vehicle, *expired tags, totalling $420. I'm thinking wtf, no I have all of my vehicles parked legally and with tags..

Go to the courthouse and find out it's the legacy. They didn't run it to see it was stolen just ticketed it and moved on... Got the tickets dismissed, Went to the address where the ticket says the car was and there it is, dusty as all hell with a window down a couple inches and the battery stolen but all complete otherwise even the stereo.

While tinkering with it the family across the street comes out o ask if it's my car and told me it's been there a solid 1 1/2-2 years.. occasionally someone slept in it.. ya know... Its Portland of course a bum was in it.

Dropped in a spare battery, put some HEET +injector cleaner in the gas and poured some gas into the intake pipe and she fired right up, ignition switch wasn't even broken. Smokey for a couple mins as expected but she ran.

One of the front tires was destroyed by the time i made it across he bridge to home had belts and wire showing. From sitting so long turned on a downhill. So went and got a set of 15" American racing wheels with with new tires on it today for $130.

Got some seafoam and new oil and filters etc for it on the way home.. need to break out my steamer and clean the interior a bit mostly just the driver seat from the window being open a bit all that time.

Thinking once it's all cleaned up there will need to be a subaroadtrip to commemorate the return

Wow that's a helluva recovery story. Glad to hear you got it back in one piece. If my 2nd gen was ever stolen, I'd be devastated.

My second gen got totalled when my girl and her sister were driving it a while back so I had no subaru in my life for a while. I am amazed it came back at all let alone running and in decent condition.

Gave it a nice seafoamed oil and filter change to flush out that 3ish year old oil. And ran quite a bit through the intake in a few ports, (iacv, pcv & brake booster) That was a hell of a smoke show! Car has 279k miles on it so it had built up some serious carbon

Car is going to be given to my girls sister since I already have a few to deal with, (1980 4.3 v6 swpped Chevy luv, 93 Lexus sc400 and a isuzu 99 rodeo 4x4) Will end up doing all the work on it still so it will be around.

I like how the first gens handle, they're small and light compared to my old second gen wagon. Would really like to find one of the first gen SS turbos that didn't get swapped to a na-t by a foolish owner. Seems like they all have NA blocks now. Or even WRX swap one. Would be a fun sleeper

Archived