LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP questions

JazzAvi8r

The AP saves the original tune when it is married. When unmarried, it restores the saved tune. Your AP is not allowed to be polygamous, that would be bad for business. Don't buy a used AP unless it is unmarried, it would do nothing for you.

• 1 month later...
The AP saves the original tune when it is married. When unmarried, it restores the saved tune. Your AP is not allowed to be polygamous, that would be bad for business. Don't buy a used AP unless it is unmarried, it would do nothing for you.

Awesome- even if it is not a stock tune? I purchased a car with an unknown- but really nice tune on it. I installed a V2 thinking it had no tune and I want the original tune back- and could then use the A/P on another car.

Thanks for any input!

Awesome- even if it is not a stock tune? I purchased a car with an unknown- but really nice tune on it. I installed a V2 thinking it had no tune and I want the original tune back- and could then use the A/P on another car.

Thanks for any input!

Whatever tune was on the ECU when the AP was installed was saved, that is the tune that should be flashed back onto the ECU when the AP is uninstalled. The menu option should say "Uninstall" on the V2. On earlier APs, the menu option was "Revert to Stock" IIRC that confused people about what it was actually doing.

The basic idea is that the AP can only be used with one car at a time, but you can move it to another car as long as you follow the procedure.

I was worried that AP would return the tune to stock on a friend's car, but it returned it back to my tune when he unmarried it :).

thanks. just wondering if I could use the same AP for both my wagon and my sedan. I guess not :(

Time for you to switch to Open Source ;)

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived