LegacyGT.com

Debadging

Joel15limited

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cheaped out. It's plastidip. I dipped the piece between the plate and Subaru emblem as well. I also stuck a black decal with red stars over the emblem as well.

The plastidip on the back and the front grill have been on there since summer of '15. It's held up all this time.

I did vinyl wrap the roof in matte black.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I had the same issue when I debadged my trunk. I haven't done a paint correction, though, but I may take it to a detailer to have them take care of. It's only noticeable when it hits the light at certain angles. I tried a claybar, but it didn't remove it.

See here for more details: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5669482&postcount=1

On another note, for all of you that have debadged a 3.6R, any chance I can buy the emblem off of you? I'm considering placing the 3.6R on the front panel near driver door like Infinity does, always liked that. I love the look of my clean trunk, so I've got one already from there, just need one more.

I'll look for mine. If I find them, you can have them. I took them off August 15th, 2014 though (the day after I bought the car). If it's not in the trunk, I'm not sure where I put it, but I will look today, if I find it, I'll pm you.

I got lucky when I test drove the car. It had just come off the truck and they haven't prepped it yet. The white cover things were still on the car and the seats were covered in plastic. My kids and I test drove it and said we'll take it. I told them not to do anything to the car but some darn kid drilled holes in the front when they moved my plates over. :spin::mad:

I already plan to be at the dealership when my next car comes in and when they take it off the truck, they're to do nothing to it, not even prep it, my detailer and I will be there to take it so he can prep it, ceramic pro it, tint the windows and wrap the roof in carbon fiber. (I've already decided on my next car :lol:)

After telling the salesman not to put ANY dealer stickers or plates on my '05 LGT, when I went to pick it up they had put a dealer plate on the front bumper. We have no front licence plates in Quebec and I didn't want them to drill holes in the front bumper for the licence plate bracket. Needless to say I was miffed but when I got upset the salesman went over and peeled the plate off the bumper. It was held on with double-sided tape. I think he may have done it on purpose...

Well I’m hoping that if they put the dealer emblem stickers on there I can remove it without too much fuss or residue since it will only be on there a few days tops. I’ve heard they use a felt tipped card thing. Will try that and a blow dryer.

Archived