LegacyGT.com

2.5 turbo on a 2.0 turbo engine

Hey guys, this is my first time on a forum so please direct me if im in the wrong thread....

i own a 2003 subaru legacy bp5 gt wagon 2.0 ej engine i recently decided to upgrade her a bit. first was a short ram intake then decided to get Tomei uel headers and catless uppipe along with invidia catless downpipe. im from the caribbean and i have to wait a few weeks to get stuff shipped plus our money conversion is $2.70EC to $1.00US so when my stuff came i was pretty excited. i have access to a work garage so i spent most of my day yesterday stripping the car toput these new parts on the after removing all the required parts i noticed nothing fits after investigating i noticed it seem like i was sent parts for the legacy 2005 2.5 engine sigh !!! my question is looking at the pics below the stock turbo on the 2.0 has split pipes as well as the uppipe and the downpipe connection slots dont line up with the turbo charge...now would it be possible to replace that turbo with one from the 2.5 engine in my 2.0 engine and hopefully my parts would fit ?

image1.JPG.1399969cdf8f6a34d98fb89c97db5491.JPG

image2.JPG.4a412dd7a752a87dab5316b71fe59b48.JPG

image3.JPG.2af3b37096faff11e14a769633e6899f.JPG

image4.JPG.7effcb85bf6bb40fe6257110a2df58b7.JPG

It looks to me like your car originally came with a twinscroll header, uppipe, and turbo.

I am pretty sure you can change to the non-twinscroll header and turbo, but you will also need a different top-mount intercooler and downpipe.

So essentially to convert over you need the: header, up-pipe, turbo, top mount intercooler, and downpipe.

It looks to me like your car originally came with a twinscroll header, uppipe, and turbo.

I am pretty sure you can change to the non-twinscroll header and turbo, but you will also need a different top-mount intercooler and downpipe.

So essentially to convert over you need the: header, up-pipe, turbo, top mount intercooler, and downpipe.

Thanks much !! I already have the single scroll headers uppipe and downpipe as shown in the pic so I guess all I need now is a new turbo and TMIC.

from my understanding though Equal length headers are better. The subie rumble is the sound of inefficiency and exhaust pulse irregularity correct ??? and its a possibility I would get a burnt out cylinder 4 and less power. I heard the twin scrolls spool faster but I much prefer the rumble of the unequal length headers compared to the equal length, and from what I have seen there is a much bigger market for the single scroll stuff.

In your opinion am I making a wise decision?

Archived