LegacyGT.com

broken axel?

Will a 5eat legacy gt still be able to move with a broken axel? Or is my problem the transmission or diff? It was moving after I heard the pop on a 5k launch, drove him but jumped outa gear when I turned and now it's not even turning to move anymore just sits there and revs

• Moderators
Yup. Bad choices make for bad consequences. Hope you have $5K ready to pay for that "launch".

$5k for what? No need to add unnecessary drama, there's no way a full 5eat replacement would run even close to $5k.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

$5k for what? No need to add unnecessary drama, there's no way a full 5eat replacement would run even close to $5k.
Aw BMB, you're no fun.

BTW, loving my bulletproof TMIC. Thanks for providing such a great product to the community.

• Moderators
Aw BMB, you're no fun.

BTW, loving my bulletproof TMIC. Thanks for providing such a great product to the community.

Thanks, finally getting around to making more :spin:

Quick searching puts a new 5eat at about $1k, give or take. I would imagine install is something like $800-1500 depending on specific shop.

Probably cheaper to just get a replacement instead of trying to diagnose and repair an existing 5eat, but not positive on that.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Damn lol... I'm gunna go full 6 speed swap and call it a day don't want this happening again! Thanks everyone for the info but I also heard all subaru axels break at that rpm when launching.. also read that even stock axels could break doing this. But if it was a axel will it drive or no?

also read that even stock axels could break doing this. But if it was a axel will it drive or no?

Barley and not advisably. You'd be relying on the center diff clutches or rear diff viscus coupling to transfer power, and not much will transfer. In reality, you probably shattered your center diff. No power is making it out of the transmission.

Also what the crap are you talking about "5K launch"? Did you rev it in neutral and slam it into gear o_O?

If you ever make the mistake of doing this again,

• 3 months later...

Archived