LegacyGT.com

Track Setup

TheMonaLisa

Im looking to purchase a track wheel / tire setup. What do you think about 18x8.5 et48 with a 255/35/18 RE71R. Tire too wide for the wheel? Will it rub the strut?

Car is an 08 spec B lowered on Eibach springs and Koni strut inserts with Whiteline com-c top hats running -2°F/-1.5°R camber. Also has a Whiteline anti lift kit. Im ok with rolling the fenders (as little a possible) but refuse to cut the fender liners.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to know how this works out for you.

I'm thinking about using the same tire in 235 on an 8" 48-offset wheel for daily driving because I don't want the tire to stick out past the fender, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

I'd love to know how this works out for you.

I'm thinking about using the same tire in 235 on an 8" 48-offset wheel for daily driving because I don't want the tire to stick out past the fender, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

I have a 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 on 18x8 et48 for daily driving right now. About to put on some Hankook Ventus V12 in 245/40/18 (they run narrow). Was originally gonna go for some MPSS in 235 next but the Ventus V12 was on super clearance.

I think 235 is the widest you can go without a fender roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

255/35/18 is fine, but you will need some prep items to go with that. whiteline KTA 124 arms for the rear, and camber plates upfront with the camber bolts put at max space from the strut/CO for clearance. IN the rear, depending on how much camber you run, you make need a a +42 offset instead, so pick up a 5mm spacer pair just incase you rub on the inside. a moderate fender pull is a must as well.

i ran a 255/35/18 hoosier A6 ona 18x8.5 +48 with -3.0 rear camber with the items above, but i needed a 10mm rear spacer for inboard clearance.

255/35/18 is fine, but you will need some prep items to go with that. whiteline KTA 124 arms for the rear, and camber plates upfront with the camber bolts put at max space from the strut/CO for clearance. IN the rear, depending on how much camber you run, you make need a a +42 offset instead, so pick up a 5mm spacer pair just incase you rub on the inside. a moderate fender pull is a must as well.

i ran a 255/35/18 hoosier A6 ona 18x8.5 +48 with -3.0 rear camber with the items above, but i needed a 10mm rear spacer for inboard clearance.

My current suspension setup includes Koni struts/Eibach springs, Whiteline Com C top hats (-0.5° camber and +0.75° caster), offset LCA bushings, KTA 124 arms, and stock camber bolts. I have a set of 5mm ebay spacers on hand just in case the new 245/40/18 daily tires rub on 18x8 et48.

You think the Whiteline top hats are good enough for the 255/35/18?

My alignment specs are -2°F/-1.5°R camber, +6.7° caster, 0.05 toe in.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived