LegacyGT.com

The Smoking Tire-modified 2005 legacy gt wagon

red beast

He was laid back and seemed really genuine. He was pretty cool and obviously loved what he does. I would have loved to hang out a bit more and have a beer with him. You guys will like the Coronet video. That was a cool car. The owner is a machinist and did all the work himself.

My buddy's dad had one when we were in high school. He kept a penny on the dash to make sure he didn't corner too fast. Whenever my buddy and I took the car out we'd bring an extra penny because that thing would be out the window in the first 10 minutes :lol:

Matt really did the car some justice to be sure. Twin of mine. Another of the 61 made in that configuration.

I've been on that stretch of highway, and I don't recall it being that bumpy. There seemed to be a lot of up/down movement through the window and during the inside shots. Was it really that bumpy, or was it just the BC COs not dampening the bumps as much as say a set of KWs?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

engine blew

$10,000 for a replacement

the LS is a little lighter

the swap is complicated than the instructions say

he's a knob

He posted another video later on about whether it was a bad idea to do this swap. He says he spent roughly double what he originally planned. So, he somewhat regretted doing it.

Matt really did the car some justice to be sure. Twin of mine. Another of the 61 made in that configuration.

I've been on that stretch of highway, and I don't recall it being that bumpy. There seemed to be a lot of up/down movement through the window and during the inside shots. Was it really that bumpy, or was it just the BC COs not dampening the bumps as much as say a set of KWs?

It could have been where the coil overs were set for damping/rebound. It did not feel that uncomfortable in the car. I do think higher quality coil overs would be a big improvement. I have some other things I want to sort out first. Starting with the JDM center console, then more bushings. Once I get moved to Ohio I will have to get it tuned for the fuel and altitude. Anyone have a suggestion for tuning near Dayton?

Archived