LegacyGT.com

Perrin trans mount for 15+ wrx

I'm trying to install it and with the oem there is about an 1/8" gap between the trans and the mount whereas with the perrin mount i have about a 1/4".. does it matter? Will it change anything?

I emailed perrin but they couldn't confirm fitment. However a couple companies make mounts and say they are compatible, so i assumed it would work .

Also all the pics if the perrin installed havr the gap.. I'm going to install and see whats what.

Please make a thread with part number and install info.

I would but the instructions that are included with the piece are dead on....

and Perrin refuses to admit it works on a 5th gen, I don't want to mislead anyone, cause if they ask/call Perrin they'll tell you it doesn't fit.

and Perrin refuses to admit it works on a 5th gen, I don't want to mislead anyone, cause if they ask/call Perrin they'll tell you it doesn't fit.

is it this one? http://perrinperformance.com/i-13324338-transmission-mount-for-manual-subarus.html

If so it looks like a beefier group N trans mount

Please make a thread, don't be lazy now. If it wasn't for the threads that many of us have made, you wouldn't have easily found all the latest new parts available since you left us a few years ago, or the part number for the little transmission plate. ;) And that bushing wasn't supposed to fit our cars either.

Show us the part number and take photos of the instructions and what you did. This wouldn't be the first time Perrin has said "it doesn't fit" only to find out that a bunch of us installed something. They will eventually see the thread and chime in, they are members here.

Ok.. ok you're right.. I'll get under the car and grab some pics.the reason i usually don't do install guides is because i'm far from an allstar mechanic.. and i'm usually concentrating on what im doing and not on the picture/writeups. Also time is usually a big factor.. 2 kids under 5. :).. but those are just excuses and i'll try and step up my game.

. and yup it's the PSP-DRV-150*

I used the 5speed adaptor because there is a space between the mount and crossmember.

Our 6-speed is basically the old 5-speed with an extra gear stuffed in, so that makes sense that you needed it. Generally, anything Subaru-related that specifies "6-speed" refers to the STI transmission, unless it explicitly mentions the '15+ WRX.

• 3 weeks later...

I was under the car last night and grabbed a couple of photos, couple of "tricky" moves are required.

1. you'll need to remove the two bolts that hold the bushings to the mount to install the mount to the car or you'll have trouble accessing the 4 bolts.

2. you need to use the 5 speed plate without it theres a gap between the cross member and the mount.

Other than that its pretty straightforward, follow the perrin instructions.

after a couple hundred kms, i like it, i'n not sure if its better or worse than the 5speed sti group n I had on my last lgt. I get a little whine, but am going to change the trans oil soon, that should help. a0c897dc98461601bcdfdf7fef377b42.jpg37e41ca967e3eb4bf5578b40a33acbbe.jpga65c88542413eecb89fa924553218149.jpg8198c8cd5f996186aecfb50f4462a6f9.jpg36c0f38b5e94460337c6a828bbc72b23.jpg

Archived