LegacyGT.com

OE Subaru wheel options

MTRunner

I have a 2008 3.0R with the stock 18"s. I like the look of the 18" but I personally don't think they are an ideal size for this car, They feel like there isn't enough sidewall on them and you can feel every little bump in the road.

So...I'm looking to go to a 17" Subaru rim. I've been looking at some WRX wheels, just wanted to see what other people have gone with on here. I've looked online and found different resources on Subaru rims, but they all seem to have a little info here and there.

The car is my wife's daily driver, and she's picky when it comes to what she wants on there, nothing too crazy, (thats why I'm sticking with the oe Suabru look, so it stays relatively stock looking). Ideally I'd like to go with the dark gray/gunmetal color, but the standard silver/alloy would be fine too. Black isn't an option (unfortunately).

So does anyone have any recommendations on rims to keep an eye out for, any pictures of their car with other Subaru rims on?

Also, will the BRZ rims fit on the 3.0R? I've read they won't fit the cars with 4 pot brakes so I have to plead ignorance on that one...

I have 04 STI wheels with a 235/45/17 on my 09 3.0R Limited. I had really looked into the 11-14 wrx wheels before I found these. I agree that the 18s with the smaller side wall can be a bit harsh on rough roads.

IMG_4790.thumb.jpg.029ca1be5634747e3602a88784fc96b1.jpg

^^Look so good! Have you guys thought about ditching the Bilsteins and going standard struts?

I have debating a lot of things. Going to coilovers. A friend of mine may sell his Koni and H&R springs combo. I doubt I will be able to anything soon though.

Another question involving tires on this car...

I did buy some 5 spoke rims off of a 05-07 Outback to use as a a winter set. This will be the first year using them and I'll be buying snow tires for them relatively soon.

The stock tires are 215's so my question is, how wide can you go on this car without getting into rubbing issues? I assume 225 is not an issue, will 235's fit? 245's?

Another question involving tires on this car...

I did buy some 5 spoke rims off of a 2007 Outback to use as a a winter set. This will be the first year using them and I'll be buying snow tires for them relatively soon.

The stock tires are 215's so my question is, how wide can you go on this car without getting into rubbing issues? I assume 225 is not an issue, will 235's fit? 245's?

I have 235/45/17s on my 3.0R with no rubbing.

The only STI rims that will fit on our cars is from a 2004 STI. 2005+ went to 5x114.3.

2014+ WRX's also are now 5x114.3.

Imho...the the 2011-2013 WRX rims look the best...

Recently installed 2017 STI rims on my daughters 2008 Legacy 2.5i...

• 2 months later...

This might be a simple question for people with a little more rim and tire experience then me.

I’m getting my winter tires mounted on my 05/06 Outback rims this weekend. I need to get some new tpms sensors.

Would I get the sensors that should go on the 08 3.0? Or would I get the sensors that would have gone with the 05 Outback that the rims came from? Or are those one in the same?

Also, still on the lookout for the 2011-2014 WRX rims, they’re harder to find in my area than I was thinking theyd be.

You'll want to get sensors that match your vehicle, not your rims. Though they may very well be the same. I have a 2005, so I am unsure of this as I've never had to deal with TPMS.

WRX wheels are hard to find, as they're a pretty nice wheel and most WRX owners relegate them to winter setups when they buy new wheels. You just have to check frequently. They can be had for cheap!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 5 months later...

Ok everyone, resurrecting this thread a little bit. Finally got the setup I’ve had my eye on for awhile now. Sorry, these pictures aren’t anything special, just simple driveway/parking lot shots, but you get the idea.

Stock 3.0R 18’s:

3KTGZNX.jpg

Winter tire setup, 17’s off of an 06 or so Outback. Went with 225/45’s to get a slightly wider tire on:

4AlBSGi.jpg

And now the summer tire setup, 17’s off of a 2013 WRX. I’ve had my eyes on this specific wheel for a while, just had to find a decent deal on them. Went with 225/45’s on these also:

fXstzZJ.jpg

I’m really happy with the look, so definitely happy I did it. What does everyone else think of these as compared to the stock 18’s?

Archived