LegacyGT.com

Will Axleback and mid-y pipe combo work?

Do you realize that is going to be very loud if you have a 3" downpipe.

I currently have a Pro Lab Tuning exhaust which is basically the same as both those items and it was only about $260.

The Pro Lab has straight through mufflers, and open mid pipe. That exhaust on my 09 Spec B with a catted dp was to loud, you could not talk to someone in the car on the highway.

So I kept the midpipe and Y pipe on the Spec and put the stock mufflers back on, nice and quiet, with a little rumble at idle.

I took those mufflers and put them on the stock mid pipe on catless 3" dp on my 05 wagon, it is to loud on the highway. Does have a real deep tone.

A couple weeks back I put a Invidia Q300 exhaust on the wagon, it was to loud on the highway. It only has about 1000 miles on it and is now in the shed.

But answer your question, yes, both those items you linked will work together, but its a lot of money.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OP, I sold these a few years back, I think they cost about $100 to have a shop make them up.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7108_zps0qpbx46x.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived