LegacyGT.com

2002 Lagacy GT radio kit

If you're installing a single DIN, you're going to need the radio pocket available from Subaru, part number: 66511FA070. Outside of that, you just reuse the stock radio brackets as Subaru did a good job on installing spec single DIN units in their cars with a full double DIN option. You'll also need metra part number 70-8901 to wire up your radio to the stock harness.

I am looking for a install kit for a 2002 Legacy GT. The only ones I can find are not big enough to cover up removing the cd changer. Can anyone help me out finding the correct one?

No kit really needed. If you are using a double din, all you need is the harness. They are dirt cheap on eBay. If you're going you with a single din, you'll need a pocket and the harness. I was lucky enough to find a person parting out a Forester when I did my radio. I've upgraded to a double din since then and I have an extra pocket. I would let it go pretty cheap but by the time you pay for shipping it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're installing a single DIN, you're going to need the radio pocket available from Subaru, part number: 66511FA070. Outside of that, you just reuse the stock radio brackets as Subaru did a good job on installing spec single DIN units in their cars with a full double DIN option. You'll also need metra part number 70-8901 to wire up your radio to the stock harness.

I went from oem double to aftermarket single. I already had one pocket. I went to the junkyard and got a pocket with the cover on it.

No kit really needed. If you are using a double din, all you need is the harness. They are dirt cheap on eBay. If you're going you with a single din, you'll need a pocket and the harness. I was lucky enough to find a person parting out a Forester when I did my radio. I've upgraded to a double din since then and I have an extra pocket. I would let it go pretty cheap but by the time you pay for shipping it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I already have the wiring harness, just was having trouble with the install kit part. I am going to check the local junkyard this weekend to see if they have anything. If not I will message you Sara32013

Archived