LegacyGT.com

Cooling system acting funky..

First time this happened but yesterday on my way home from work my coolant overflow was practically overflowing. My temp gauge never indicated any sort of over heating but when i stopped the car and checked under the hood (a frequent thing i do when i stop my car to keep track of any possible leaks/out of place material etc) this is where i was at.

Anyone seen something like that before?

yep, you have a head gasket leak. Have a shop do a hydrocarbon contaminate check to verify.

Awwww shit.. thanks for the heads up. Would it be an internal leak? Im not getting any drips 🤔 And dont smell any burning if its running while im checking for such problems

Awwww shit.. thanks for the heads up. Would it be an internal leak? Im not getting any drips 🤔 And dont smell any burning if its running while im checking for such problems

yes, internal. cooling jacket to combustion chamber HG leak. when boosting, the air is forced in to the cooling system, pushing the coolant in to the overflow tank. Had this exact thing happen to me way back in 07.

yes, internal. cooling jacket to combustion chamber HG leak. when boosting, the air is forced in to the cooling system, pushing the coolant in to the overflow tank. Had this exact thing happen to me way back in 07.

Ill be takig it to the shop monday for a diagnosis. Ive even had a misfire going on which is most likely coils.. (changed plugs and had no change in cel)

Luckily ive still got a warranty on the car so the cost on those head gasket changes shouldnt be that horrid on money...

How long should i expect to be without my suby? Think ive asked people before and if i heard correctly, on this topic, are the heads removed and machined in some way or is it just a direct replacement on the gaskets. Please note the car hasnt started overheating yet so i wouldnt see why the heads would be affected by anything.

i had something like this happen when i turned my car off on day.... but it ended up being the radiator cap rubber seal. wait till it cools and remove the caps and clean the rubber if there is any crud on it, clean any crud in the hole too and then reseat your caps. i would still do the hydrocarbon test that others have suggested to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro got an update from the service center.. they diagnosed the engine and found that the cause for my misfire was a bad injector. But its odd how he told me that a failed injector could lead to air bubbles popping up in my coolant overflow... something about being too much air and not enough spark/too much fuel.

I will assume he doesnt know what hes talking about. How else could i be seeing air bubbles (or what i see... most it the overflow ACTUALLY overflowing and spitting coolant everywhere in the engine bay) they said they will call back with word on whether or not the warranty company will cover it. I will reply to this post tomorrow with more news hopefully

Archived