LegacyGT.com

Lowering a 3rd gen legacy sedan

Hey guys im looking for a way to lower my 3rd gen legacy 03 sedan. Im a delivery guy and at 200k miles my car has now started bouncing and squeaking. I thought better change my struts and springs why not drop the car about an inch or two. Im not looking for the bes ride i just need cheap coilovers that will lower my car and stop tje bounce and squeaks. Im also doing both swaybars and all links but they are much easier to find.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Cheap coilovers are usually poor quality and don't last. You are probably better off with a set of lowering springs and high quality conventional shocks. If you want to save money, look for someone parting their car out and putting their suspension back to stock. Don't go too low, though, you can mess up the car's suspension geometry which is not a good trade-off to make. This is not a race car. ;)

KYB-GR2 struts, with Kings springs. 30mm lowering. Sporty feel with comfort.

Call Primitive racing for the springs.

You will also need 2003 Impreza front upper spring mount and insulators because the front King Sprints for a Liberty are wound like an Impreza spring.

I love the ride. They do take about a month to settle in and get to their ride height. Have alignment checked after the settle.

I just installed BC racing coilovers. Full height adjustment, preload adjustment and 30-click dampening adjustment (all the way soft feels like stock comfort with almost no body roll) They run about $950.d661dc5e05d6ca2778dad9b2a5ff02a2.jpg

I just installed BC racing coilovers. Full height adjustment, preload adjustment and 30-click dampening adjustment (all the way soft feels like stock comfort with almost no body roll) They run about $950.d661dc5e05d6ca2778dad9b2a5ff02a2.jpg
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Archived