LegacyGT.com

2009 Headlights - Non blacked out???

BazookaJoe

Afternoon everyone,

Been looking for 09 headlights that are aftermarket, blacked out, and preferably with the ember lens removed. They just don't exist. I use to have an 07 and I was able to order blacked out, ember removed headlights pretty cheap.

So my next best option is to do it myself but I have yet to come across any 09 headlights customized by anyone. So I'm wondering if maybe there is some reason no one seems to be doing it. Is it not possible or feasible? Is the ember lens not removable? Wondering if anyone can confirm. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems to be a pretty rare topic...I think I will be plunging into it and hoping for the best. Hope there are no surprises once I open the headlight up and also hope the ember is removable but wont be the end of the world either.

Tons of people black out their 08-09 headlights. The process is identical to the 05-07. The amber thing is a little fussy to remove but a small thin screwdriver should help.d90fc05f4aec186a65bbe2c68d4d7c9a.jpg42deb916e509220c5dfd9c9e01d1caa0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! Was having a hard time finding any 08-09 headlights that were blacked out...and when I couldn't find aftermarket headlights I got worried.

Looks good man, I'll have to dive into mine and get them done. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
Is that an ebay front lip? It's nice. I love what you did with your grille too. AND the lights are perfect. Love the color! Lol

Yes, it's the $75 Bayson R "V-limited" front lip. I'm a big fan of it and have put it on a few vehicles.

For the grills, the silver car just has plastidip on parts of the grill. The ruby red car has the outer part of the grill color matched to the car, and the 'wings' in the middle of the grill are painted satin black.

• 5 weeks later...

Got my 09 headlights opened up right now and trying to decide what to do with them.

Dispatch, could you post a picture of the side marker of the silver car? It doesn't look as chrome as stock but I can see you at least left some chrome.

Got my amber off, thinking I might get clear reflectors as it looks a bit bare with nothing there and I'll at least have reflectors that way.

Got my 09 headlights opened up right now and trying to decide what to do with them.

Dispatch, could you post a picture of the side marker of the silver car? It doesn't look as chrome as stock but I can see you at least left some chrome.

Got my amber off, thinking I might get clear reflectors as it looks a bit bare with nothing there and I'll at least have reflectors that way.

Are you referring to the turn signal? I did the same thing on the red and silver cars in the pics above. The chrome triangle area right behind the turn signal bulb was masked off with play doh before spray painting the chrome. I reattached the diffuser because i liked the look, and it helps with the turn signal visibility.

I attached another pic, but the quality isn't great.

3d598764e21c457aae29308abea8088e.jpg

Thanks dispatch! The front of the QSM car (well both but since I have QSM...) is beautiful. Drool, wheres the drool emoticon?

Trying to decide how much chrome to leave on the front, looks good with the little to none that you have done.

Where can I find more pics of your car?

Thanks dispatch! The front of the QSM car (well both but since I have QSM...) is beautiful. Drool, wheres the drool emoticon?

Trying to decide how much chrome to leave on the front, looks good with the little to none that you have done.

Where can I find more pics of your car?

I'm not much of a photographer. I attached a couple pics, though. Love QSM!2ed8d3cf0a92f68e997b913066aca6fa.jpgca3938678bebdfaba789cf906910ead3.jpgd959fc370307bc06234410fd14df46e5.jpgff561805e34665c6295f72bb111464f8.jpgbd452c7195f238fbbdfbb47620f2e272.jpg

Archived