LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

• I Donated
Why wouldn't it be possible under 60k? Doesn't Ford have a V6 twin turbo in the one of the trims of the Fusion?

It's in the Taurus, not the Fusion. The Fusion gets the Focus RS 4-pot in Sport trim. The Taurus SHO gets the Ecoboost V6.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Turbo V6 is only available on the Fusion in the "Sport" trim - it's interesting, because the "top" trim tier is the Turbo 4 I believe. Weird that they don't combine the two.

The Taurus SHO seems interesting, but again, that's a big car and it starts at $42.

Personally I would be interested in a LegGT if it came back with the new comforts and tech, probably would be looking at that in about 10-11 years when the kids get their license. If I last that long. Or them. :D :D :D

Now that we know that Ascent is getting DIT isn't likely that legacy will get the same engine instead of the 6cyl? Whether they call it GT or not is separate issue..

With 2.4DIT introduced in Ascent I don't see where H6 fits in Subaru model lineup. Unless Subaru is working on wild 3.0H6 DIT to introduce it in midlife Ascent refresh we can probably kiss Subaru H6 goodbye.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Now that we know that Ascent is getting DIT isn't likely that legacy will get the same engine instead of the 6cyl? Whether they call it GT or not is separate issue..

I think we're all hoping the Legacy will get the 2.4. Other markets all got the 2.0 while we had the 2.5, so there's hope, especially since it's a US-market motor.

I think we're all hoping the Legacy will get the 2.4. Other markets all got the 2.0 while we had the 2.5, so there's hope, especially since it's a US-market motor.

I am pretty sure the only market with the FA20 DIT is China and it is optional. All other Legacy markets have the FB25 as the sole engine or the EZ36 as the option.

I recall, possibly incorrectly, that FHI was going to build engines in Indiana at some point? could it be that Ascent's 2.4DIT is US-built?

Otherwise I am sure we will see it in next Legacy and/or STI/WRX. There is no way FHI would create whole new line with all the tooling and not try to reuse it on other cars.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I recall, possibly incorrectly, that FHI was going to build engines in Indiana at some point? could it be that Ascent's 2.4DIT is US-built?

Otherwise I am sure we will see it in next Legacy and/or STI/WRX. There is no way FHI would create whole new line with all the tooling and not try to reuse it on other cars.

The point of a global platform is the tooling fits more than one vehicle model that is why it is scalable. All the sub-assemblies will bolt in the same way no matter the vehicle so in theory the tooling is interchangeable.

AFAIK - SIA does build engines.

From the SIA website

PLANT FOOTPRINT

Engine: 189,276 square feet

2.0 FA and 2.5 FBs are built there, and would presume that the 2.4DIT will be built there as well.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

2.0 FA and 2.5 FBs are built there, and would presume that the 2.4DIT will be built there as well.

I would assume it's the FB20 for the Impreza built at SIA. The FA in the WRX, Forester and BRZ are all built at the Gunma plant in Japan.

You're correct. The FA20F is the DITST in the JDM Legacy, Levorg and FXT, and the USDM FXT and WRX. The FA20D is the FRS/BRZ engine. Believe all of these are made in Japan.

The FB20B (2012-16 Impreza and XV), FB20D (2016+ Impreza and XV), FB20X (2014+ XV Hybrid) and the FB25 (2011+ Forester and 2012+ Legacy), are built I believe here in the U.S. at SIA, and (possibly) Canada.

Given that the 2.4DIT will go into the Ascent, which is a North America only market vehicle, it's likely going to be built here first, then might very well migrate to the STI and other "performance" models, perhaps even a new LGT... :)

You're correct. The FA20F is the DITST in the JDM Legacy, Levorg and FXT, and the USDM FXT and WRX. The FA20D is the FRS/BRZ engine. Believe all of these are made in Japan.

The FB20B (2012-16 Impreza and XV), FB20D (2016+ Impreza and XV), FB20X (2014+ XV Hybrid) and the FB25 (2011+ Forester and 2012+ Legacy), are built I believe here in the U.S. at SIA, and (possibly) Canada.

Given that the 2.4DIT will go into the Ascent, which is a North America only market vehicle, it's likely going to be built here first, then might very well migrate to the STI and other "performance" models, perhaps even a new LGT... :)

According to this website, the components will built in Japan and be assembled at SIA.

Production starts in March and they will make 70000 2.4DITs for this year.

That is why I believe the 3.6 was going away for the Legacy/Outback for the 2019 model, 70k engines in 10 months and they plan to sell 5000 Ascent a month (50k). 20k 2.4 engines not going to an Ascent.

https://newswitch.jp/p/10003

Seems plausible. Maybe they would keep the 3.6 for another year or two of overlap just to insulate themselves from any unforeseen catastrophic failure or flaws in the new one, but yeah. I think 19 is the supposed year for the Foz redesign to the Global Platform. I think I was expecting 2020 for the redesign for the Leg/OB?

According to this website, the components will built in Japan and be assembled at SIA.

Production starts in March and they will make 70000 2.4DITs for this year.

That is why I believe the 3.6 was going away for the Legacy/Outback for the 2019 model, 70k engines in 10 months and they plan to sell 5000 Ascent a month (50k). 20k 2.4 engines not going to an Ascent.

https://newswitch.jp/p/10003

I think the operative word here is that "key components" for the 2.4T engine will be manufactured at the Gunma Plant, but the engine will be assembled at SIA, similar to other Subaru engines going into the USDM models, where... "we added an assembly line".

Look at your typical Subaru EJ25, and the follow-on FB20B/D/X and FB25 and you'll see "Made in Japan" stamped on the block, but it was assembled at SIA.

The new engine will produce key components at the Gunma Manufacturing Oizumi Plant (Oizumi Town, Gunma Prefecture) and assemble it at the US factory (Indiana State) scheduled to manufacture the ascent. We will start production in March 18, and plans to produce around 70 thousand in the first year. In addition to being preparing for production at the Oizumi Plant, at the US plant, we added an engine assembly line.

Archived