LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

Just confirmed with my SOA guy at Jiffylube that yes, the HAM2.9R will be available with the LGT Resurrection in '20 on a subscription only basis with modular global platform support in all OA's of FHI in select cities with RCVIP.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You REALLY don't want the 3.6R. That engine is a dinosaur.

Wait until 2020. The idea with the global platform is that they will introduce a lot of new power options. What they are, we don't know exactly. Could be hybrid, all electric, turbo, hamster, flintstone, etc. Not a whole lot of official word other than "there is going to be a global platform across all models!"

The new high-HP power plant will be in the Ascent. It's probably a good guess that it won't be the same as the WRX, as ~270HP won't be enough for a car of that size. So it's a matter of "will the Ascent engine be available in other models?" My guess would be yes.

I know it’s a dinosaur but it seems to be a very reliable one at that. I’m not sure I like the idea of a turbo which requires 91 or higher compared to the H6 that runs off 87. The 2.0T in the foz XT is more expensive compared to the 3.6 in the OB.

I would be open to a hybrid but I’m not sure the tech is there yet for Sub. The difference for the old xv was only 2 mpg I think.

The XV was a TERRIBLE hybrid launch product. I think they green lit it just to get in the conversion of having a hybrid. If cheap is your goal just get a 2.5i then. Don't start the gas conversation cause if you're buying a NEW car you are not going to feel the difference in price on 87 vs 91. It's been covered over and over again on here when people with 2.5i's regretted not getting the GT and simply stated: but gas is more expensive after buying a brand new car. :spin: If you can't afford the gas then buy a used car. Like 4-5 years old.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I know it’s a dinosaur but it seems to be a very reliable one at that.

It's really not exceptionally reliable. There is a reason that the 2.5i is their bread and butter. You don't order salad at a steak house.

The XV hybrid was a disaster for sure, but they really didn't do a whole lot of engineering to make it work with the car. It was to be expected.

The LA Auto show is in December and the Ascent should be in full production showing or darn close to it. I'm hoping they run down the specs of engine and transmission offerings at that point. I'd strongly suggest you wait until at least then.

I see the XV hybrid as a prototype of what we may see more of in the future. Run out a small series of vehicles to see what kind of problems ordinary users run into and get a real world situation. People buying hybrid vehicles do expect and accept more quirks since it's a new technology.

Realize that Subaru also made CVT vehicles back in the late 80's early 90's and that served probably as a good feedback for those making the current gen CVTs as well as the headaches that other brands today have had with the CVTs.

453747.png

Guest Derrick0580
The 2020 models will be completely redesigned, however with mid size sedan sales tanking don’t get your hopes too high on legacys getting any crazy hp or fancy gadgets!

The 2020 models will be completely redesigned, however with mid size sedan sales tanking don’t get your hopes too high on legacys getting any crazy hp or fancy gadgets!

Meanwhile, the Camry now makes 300hp and the accord has a 270hp turbo 4cyl with a 6 speed.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

It's really not exceptionally reliable. There is a reason that the 2.5i is their bread and butter. You don't order salad at a steak house.

BS!

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So, to reiterate, why pay more for some podunk Subaru? ;)

And to reiterate, who has ever paid $50k for a Malibruze SS? :lol:

Funniest thing about the "if it had these 456 features I'd pay X price" is that in the end the second it hit the lot for EXACTLY X price, the comments would be "what's the cheapest you've gotten on the Subaru VIP/Costco/A-Plan/AAA/Bob's Discount program?" :lol: