LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

• I Donated
Make it like this:

Put 2.4DIT, 6 speed, HID/LED headlights, multilink rear suspension - pretty much what's available on other Subarus already.

Call for deposit check.

Problem solved.

I mean, I'd totally date J-Law while we're at it. Not sure she'd date me, though. Also not sure Subaru would take your deposit on that car. :lol:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also not sure Subaru would take your deposit on that car. :lol:

Somehow I think you're right. But hey, I did my part!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I mean, I'd totally date J-Law while we're at it. Not sure she'd date me, though. Also not sure Subaru would take your deposit on that car. :lol:

Psssshhh, everyone knows she's easy. Just post you want to date her in an online forum, demand she respond, and I'm sure the message will get through to the appropriate people. Hell, start a Group Date thread and then she'll see all the excitement from 30 dudes out of 30 Million and definitely do it. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Guest Derrick0580
Midsize sedan sales in the US as a whole are dwindling. With companies making suv with the same fuel economy as these original sedans more and more are going that route. Most people buying new cars are family orientated and not 20 something kids wanting to go fast. Rumor has it that gm may even pull the plug on the impala once again as more and more people opt for the small cars such as the malibu or the impreza or moving up to an outback or equinox/tahoe. Everytime our vp puts out a plant message we hear how legacy sales keep going down and down yet the outback and impreza keep sky rocketing beyond expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if by 2020 the legacy ceases to exist if the market doesn't get any better.

The general problem is that almost all cars increases in weight due to safety requirements. So even small cars have almost the same weight as large cars and therefore the actual fuel consumption figures aren't that much different.

For a manufacturer the profit is better on a larger car than on a small because they can take out a higher price for a larger car in general. And you can fit more accessories into a larger car as well and that sells as well.

The challenge for car manufacturers is to keep up with conflicting demands - legal demands for safety properties contradicts fuel economy that also is a legal demand. Consumers demands a comfortable cabin, which requires air conditioning and heating, both consumes fuel.

And politicians try their best to slow down traffic to a pace that makes using a car about as fast as using public transportation - which actually increases the emissions. In some places it's faster and more reliable to use a bicycle.

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...
... I wouldn't be surprised if by 2020 the legacy ceases to exist if the market doesn't get any better.

I joined this forum in 2005 when I purchased my first Subaru, a 2005 Legacy GT. At 57 years-old, I'd had a few interesting cars and, during the kids years, a few really dull cars. The '05 LGT offered me the power and acceleration of my '73 Z-28 with four doors, AWD and the fuel consumption of my Accord.

But I, like many of you on this forum, are not the typical automotive consumer. I like interesting cars and fast cars, if possible. Nobody knew it but me and a few other Subaru fans, but the '05 was a SPECIAL car.

Twelve years later, the market has changed and so have most Subaru owners. The Legacy now accounts for less than 10% of Subaru's sales. Even the Impreza/WRX/STI group is down to a little more than 13% of sales. Forester and Outback are about 27% each. Throw in the Crosstrek and Subaru's "SUV/crossover" lines make up almost 67% of the company's sales. Subaru's remarkable sales growth in recent years is more from the high-riding models than from the performance models.

It may be premature, I hope, to talk about the demise of the Legacy. But expecting Subaru to make another STI for grownups may be wishful thinking.

So I’ve read through the thread. What makes this 2020 one so special? Has it even been confirmed yet? Is there a reason I should wait and pass on the 2019 3.6, since I’m thinking that the EZ36D is going to be retired at the refresh?

I joined this forum in 2005 when I purchased my first Subaru, a 2005 Legacy GT. At 57 years-old, I'd had a few interesting cars and, during the kids years, a few really dull cars. The '05 LGT offered me the power and acceleration of my '73 Z-28 with four doors, AWD and the fuel consumption of my Accord.

It may be premature, I hope, to talk about the demise of the Legacy. But expecting Subaru to make another STI for grownups may be wishful thinking.

+2 on the '05 LGT. I had an '05 and '08, loved them both. I wish Subaru would bring over a B4 to the States, tuned by STi, with some serious wish list items, and make a run of 500 - 1000, like the previous Spec B's. Manual transmission, H6 dual turbo, brembos, bilsteins, recaro's, put some real tires on them (other than bulk crap), no sun roof, and charge 40-45k. I'd buy one, even as a pre-order. ;)

Alas, your second statement in the quote makes me sad in that they never will. :(

+2 on the '05 LGT. I had an '05 and '08, loved them both. I wish Subaru would bring over a B4 to the States, tuned by STi, with some serious wish list items, and make a run of 500 - 1000, like the previous Spec B's. Manual transmission, H6 dual turbo, brembos, bilsteins, recaro's, put some real tires on them (other than bulk crap), no sun roof, and charge 40-45k. I'd buy one, even as a pre-order. ;)

Alas, your second statement in the quote makes me sad in that they never will. :(

Why would they voluntarily lose a shit-ton of money on these just to make you happy?

If you want that, be ready to pony up more like $60k, cheap-ass.

Why would they voluntarily lose a shit-ton of money on these just to make you happy?

If you want that, be ready to pony up more like $60k, cheap-ass.

Cause they love me? Hahaha. I'd be willing to pay the right price, were they to offer something like it.

Of course, I would want it bult in Japan. Quality control in the SIA plant sucks...sad to day. :(

So I’ve read through the thread. What makes this 2020 one so special? Has it even been confirmed yet? Is there a reason I should wait and pass on the 2019 3.6, since I’m thinking that the EZ36D is going to be retired at the refresh?

They re-launch new model generations every 5 years. Worst case, you wait for 2020 to come out and get a leftover 2019 at a deal price.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

They re-launch new model generations every 5 years. Worst case, you wait for 2020 to come out and get a leftover 2019 at a deal price.

The only problem with that logic, is the 3.6R inventory might be gone when the 2020 hit the lot. 3.6R are not that common in dealer inventory as it is.

You REALLY don't want the 3.6R. That engine is a dinosaur.

Wait until 2020. The idea with the global platform is that they will introduce a lot of new power options. What they are, we don't know exactly. Could be hybrid, all electric, turbo, hamster, flintstone, etc. Not a whole lot of official word other than "there is going to be a global platform across all models!"

The new high-HP power plant will be in the Ascent. It's probably a good guess that it won't be the same as the WRX, as ~270HP won't be enough for a car of that size. So it's a matter of "will the Ascent engine be available in other models?" My guess would be yes.

Archived