LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

The problem with your rant is that Fan base makes up a small % of their sales. Their boring consumer cars since 2010 have never been better in any year, prior to that their consumer cars were not selling all that well and not enough people wanted a turbo car.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. All the sales research I've read said (at least for the hatch) was over 50% of the WRX sales were Hatch. At the same time though, I don't see many people sell their Legacy GT, think another part of is that these cars last forever. I'd love to see a new LGT from Subaru, my buddy had a 2005 that we modded up and it lasted without any major repairs to almost 300k miles.

I love my 2005 GT more than my 2016 WRX. I really hope they come out with something new.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant earlier.

These are decisions being driven from the business side. Subaru wants to grow, they have to appeal more to the mainstream buyers. You can see it in their marketing. It's all about lifestyle & safety.

This car will become a member of your family and protect them while out doing all sorts of adventurous things. Subaru loves you and your Golden Retriever!

Subaru does have a performance & engineering niche but they can't grow it much. Maybe they'll get back to it someday, but that's not their focus.

Subarus marketing team is a bunch of millennials with daddy issues.
Well, whatever it is, I wish they'd get over it. It's boring as hell.

Oh look, this Subaru will fit right in on the suburban cul-de-sac. Your neighbors will approve!

Subaru isn't making more money by people buying up used vehicles. Let's go Subaru, get it done.

You're 100% right. Instead, they're selling a SHITLOAD of new cars greater than they've ever sold before and laughing all the way to the bank. F Enthusiasts, Cherry Hill says. All we do is bitch is and whine and then when they do make a performance version all we do is say it's too expensive and we'll wait till we can buy them CPO or flat out abused. :lol:

It would be pretty badass if Subaru made a 400+hp V8 RWD sedan in 2020.

:lol: spec.SS

Subarus marketing team is a bunch of millennials with daddy issues.

I wish! Then we'd get stripper poles in our commercials!!! :dm:

Whatever it is...it sells cars, so they won't get over it.
They haven't had to get over anything for 7 years except "Where do we put all this money???????" I'd say they're pretty damn happy about that.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You need to look at how its run and what they bring to market. They cant compete. I would like to see global numbers though.

So far so good, I think Subaru is doing just fine against the competition.

https://en.responsejp.com/cars-automotivebusiness/2017/08/02/subaru-worldwide-production-sets-new-record-for-1st-half-of-2017.html

Don't rule out the government regulations that are getting stricter each year when it comes to emissions, fuel consumption and safety devices. Car manufacturers can't afford to put effort into high performance vehicles anymore without getting penalized.

All those regulations would cause even performance cars be electrical like Tesla or hybrid like Koenigsegg.

453747.png

Didn't I read a year or two ago that Subaru was working on an STi much like the NSX and Porsche with one gas engine power the front and an electric motor powering the rear to still achieve AWD? They estimated 35mpg, I forget the horsepower but something like 335hp or something. That's fuel efficiency isn't it?

The problem with separating the front and rear axle drive is that you lose one benefit of the AWD - the directional stability that you get when the front and rear is mechanically synchronized. It's of course already partially lost with the so called "Active Torque Split" solution that has 90/10 in traction front/rear instead of the 50/50 for MT and other mixes for the planetary differential solutions in the DCCD and VTD.

This mechanical link is what made driving Subaru attractive for many for about 2 decades or more. Before that it was mechanically engaged 4WD which demanded more of the driver to know when it was safe to engage.

453747.png

Didn't I read a year or two ago that Subaru was working on an STi much like the NSX and Porsche with one gas engine power the front and an electric motor powering the rear to still achieve AWD? They estimated 35mpg, I forget the horsepower but something like 335hp or something. That's fuel efficiency isn't it?

Thats also fwd with rear electric assist and 35 mpg is nothing to get excited about :p

Archived