LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

:orly:

Any Audi in the past 15 years? Any Mercedes, Rolls, or Bentley basically ever?

Who was really considering buying a Subaru over a Rolls Royce or Bentley? :lol:

Be realistic, what cars in the 25-35k range were nicer than an LGT? Maybe in that price range people considered a used 335i or A4, but if you were shopping a LGT, you weren’t looking for a luxury car.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Who was really considering buying a Subaru over a Rolls Royce or Bentley? [emoji38]

Oh, nobody, but you didn't previously specify only competitors. You said "any car, Subaru or not."

It’s hard to find an interior in any car, subaru or not that is better than the 4th gen.

;)

Be realistic, what cars in the 25-35k range were nicer than an LGT? Maybe in that price range people considered a used 335i or A4, but if you were shopping a LGT, you weren’t looking for a luxury car.

My mom's 06 A4 was less than $35k IIRC, and had a much nicer interior. She actually did cross shop the 06 Legacy with it, although she was looking at the 2.5i. She also cross-shopped the MS6 (too much power, not enough refinement) and the BMW 325xi (the BMW salesmen were asses and she liked the Audi better anyway).

Oh, nobody, but you didn't previously specify only competitors. You said "any car, Subaru or not."

;)

My mom's 06 A4 was less than $35k IIRC, and had a much nicer interior. She actually did cross shop the 06 Legacy with it, although she was looking at the 2.5i. She also cross-shopped the MS6 (too much power, not enough refinement) and the BMW 325xi (the BMW salesmen were asses and she liked the Audi better anyway).

It’s hard to find an interior in any car, subaru or not that is better than the 4th gen. Might not have been the best materials but it was easy on the eyes, ergonomically well designed and it was different from everything else made during it’s time.

5th genners wonder why 4th genners have this elitist mentality, it was just such a unique car that didn’t look like anything else in the road. From 2005-2009 there just weren’t any other cool cars in the same price range. Maybe the MS6 but it was slim pickens, then Subaru butchered the 5th gen.

Any Audi in the past 15 years? Any Mercedes, Rolls, or Bentley basically ever?

Just because it looks good at the time it's new doesn't mean that it ages well or is user friendly.

Today with all the touch screen tech it's actually pretty shitty from a usability perspective.

453747.png

Modern cars in the same class as the legacy, present model legacy included still don’t have as nice of an interior as the 4th gen. Sure it could use some modern comforts like bluetooth, lane assistance and whatnot, but the late model Spec B’s were headed in that direction while keeping the interior of their sister cars relative. Bluetooth in cars in 2007-2009 was few and far between but they could have kept that interior and updated the technology.

I like that my 2015 didn’t come with the touchscreen like all WRX’s have now, mine had the basic stereo. I upgraded to an aftermarket head unit with carplay and a much better bluetooth than what Subaru offered.

• Moderators

This isn't the PA, and there's no free reign to post completely unrelated agendas or politically focused rants in nearly all of the sub forums. Carry on, and if anyone feels that they need a personal timeout then by all means feel free to continue posting utter garbage or PM me directly for quickest response :)

Now about that 2020 LGT...ya'll were saying?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S COMING!!! IT REALLY IS!!! :dm:

Post #1. Check.

This isn't the PA, and there's no free reign to post completely unrelated agendas or politically focused rants in nearly all of the sub forums. Carry on, and if anyone feels that they need a personal timeout then by all means feel free to continue posting utter garbage or PM me directly for quickest response :)

Now about that 2020 LGT...ya'll were saying?

Post #HUH?

Technically it’s my thread. I’m the OP. I think this is completely ok what’s going on in here. In fact, it pleases me greatly as the thread creator. My creation is fully full of fullness. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Moderators
refer back to the first page if you want to follow the conversation of this thread.

Thanks. I see now that this whole thread was basically started as a sandwich thread. As such, this one is closed--this subforum is meant for legitimate Subaru news / rumors.

If someone legitimately feels that this is news / rumor, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived