LegacyGT.com

Exhaust quiestions

Ok so I just installed my Cobb high flow cat downpipe on my 05 legacy gt 5eat, And I was wondering if it's a huge deal to go with a full custom 3in exhaust system or just get the hks catback exhaust system that's about 2.5in. I really like the way the hks sounds and looks. I just don't wanna spend all this money if the extra half inch is really worth the extra performance.. any input would be appreciated!

As of now I'm running full Cobb intake, Cobb turbo inlet, cobb accessport tage 2 tune on 94 octane, Cobb down pipe and now I'm going for full exhaust (HKS or Custom)I'm gunna get headers in about 2 weeks after a save a lil mula. I really want 3in from the turbo all the way back, I want this car to be my daily driver/race car just in case a punk ass camero or mustang pulls up next to me lol.

Love my Hks...So guess what I'm gonna say....fe72c45e036fd4ac2901d086e7053432.jpg26ad212b558037b23ec2aa5815d4d1be.jpg

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Is it too quiet tho? And if you could would you have went with 3in pipes instead? I want my car to have a specific sound and I'm thinkin 3in from turbo back would be best, was thinking of cutting the 2 1/2 inch flange off the back of the Cobb downpipe making it a 3 inch then getting full custom 3inch exhaust from there back.. but the hks just looks so pretty

Well as of last night I think I blew my transmission or my diff launching my car... it still drives straight but when I turn it jumps out gear or clicks hella loud! I managed to drive it home. Any one know what this mite be?

Well as of last night I think I blew my transmission or my diff launching my car... it still drives straight but when I turn it jumps out gear or clicks hella loud! I managed to drive it home. Any one know what this mite be?
Could be the center diff that is in the tailpiece portion of the transmission. Under too much stress it can pop a retaining ring and that destroys it. It can be replaced without taking the main body of the transmission apart.

Just a possibility. Diagnosing noises over the internet can be a guessing game.

Anyone record I good subaru shop in the bayarea?

I live in the South Bay I know and have been to a couple of Subaru shops around, one of which I really recomend. Im not sure if I can mention them here since they are not venders on the forum (correct me if I'm wrong), but you can pm me and we'll talk.

Archived