LegacyGT.com

Car won't start after fuel pump change.

Are you getting fuel pressure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The car tries to start, but seems like its not getting the gas... is there a way to test fuel pressure?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Can you hear the pump?

I was able to hear my 2.5i pump prime, when I had the rear seat out and cover off. [i had change the fuel filter assembly and checked to see if the engine would run before finishing reassembly]

The car tries to start, but seems like its not getting the gas... is there a way to test fuel pressure?

You need an inline tester. Is it possible you have air in the line? I would undo the line stick it in a jug and bump the key for a couple seconds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Have you cycled the key several times to prime the system prior to starting? Sometimes this is necessary after messing with the fuel system and you get air in the lines. If it fires and dies cycle it a few more times and keep trying. If it doesn't start after 4-5 attempts then you have another issue.

Ok got it... i was using rutchards walkthrough of the 300... two small differences... 1. Theres a grommit he didnt use.. the 200 uses the 3 that come with the pump and 2. There us is a rubber spacer that rutchard reusues but with the 200 ypu dont use it.

Basically slight difference between the install

Ok got it... i was using rutchards walkthrough of the 300... two small differences... 1. Theres a grommit he didnt use.. the 200 uses the 3 that come with the pump and 2. There us is a rubber spacer that rutchard reusues but with the 200 ypu dont use it.

Basically slight difference between the install

I would throw that info/pics into Rutchards thread as well so that if anyone uses it as a basis as instructions and are installing a dw200 they don't go crazy.

I'm glad something wasn't broken! I would of probably cried a little at first.

I would throw that info/pics into Rutchards thread as well so that if anyone uses it as a basis as instructions and are installing a dw200 they don't go crazy.

I'm glad something wasn't broken! I would of probably cried a little at first.

I did.. but i sort of got the instructions off of rallysportdirect.. and didn't take pics..

Archived