LegacyGT.com

Anyone installed their clear bra the the Legacy yet?

Rimfaxe

Almost have 5K on the car- purchased May 21. Looking to get some paint and light protection, but I'm not finding a lot of places with the patterns cut yet for this car. Has anyone installed any type of clear bra on their 05 Legacy yet? If so, who did you purchase from and how do you like it? I'm holding out for the Rockblocker product- a lot of people say its excellent. I really wanted to get this installed before the paint started to wear. I spend my daily commute following a lot of trucks, so things are already starting to happen. Anyone have an install (hopefully with pics)? Rimfaxe

I plan on taking my car to a place that does custom clear shield, they do a lot of work on exotics and are very keen on doing a perfect job. but it does cost extra, 700 bucks installed for the full front end kit. Hood/Bumper/Mirrors/Lights/Fenders. I will probably also have them do the tint on my car, gonna be close to 1000 bucks for everything I think.

not sure how I feel about that stuff... I saw a few pictures of someone who had done it on the board (with pictures posted somewhere). I don't like the fact that the 'luster' of the paint is no longer there...and the reflections are not 'clear' either. Not sure if I would want to do this to the car...but that's my opinion. Yet, I still don't want the new car to end up like the WRX, with paint chips all over the place...turmoil in my mind about what to do here!?! Oh well, I guess I will have to wait to see Kano's, and decide. Later, i.

It does hide the shine a little bit, but you can wax the stuff just like the rest of the car. It may also depend on the type of clear shield material.

Here is a picture of my WRX with the Clearshield, if you can see any difference in shinnyness or anything like that please let me know :)

I hate to say it, but when I see this pic of my old car it kinda makes me wish I had the WRX still. Then I have to remember what that car has been through and the problems it had, then I know I made the right choice. But atleast I got pictures and videos to remind me of the good times with it :)

img_0895s.jpg.592820f749f90c159442c600b96253ff.jpg

can't really tell from the picture that is there.. how about a close-up side shot, as was posted in the other thread regarding clear bra? Is it possible to see the 'line' that goes across the hood? Looks good, by the way. Thanks, i.

Sorry, kind of hard to take pictures of the car now since it was tradded in when I got the Legacy. But yes, if you know what you are looking for and are within about 5 feet you can see the line that goes across the hood. But I think its well worth it, better then a lot of chips. haven't seen a clear bra on black yet, wonder how that will be.

ah, well, there goes that idea...if it's sold, not much one can do about that. Anyway, here's the link for the way that it would look on a black car... [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=658&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45[/url] later, i.

So again, has anyone had a clear bra installed on their Legacy? As far as I can tell, Rockblocker does not have a pattern yet. I have found very limited clear bras online for this new car. I have five K on the odo, and already some minor chipping. If anyone has installed this thing, then what type and where did you get it? Post pictures and tell stories if you had one installed. Its a little frustrating that taking so long for the pattern to be cut for this car. I thought that I wouldl have had this thing on at least a month ago. 10 weeks of ownership and the clock's still ticking and the paint's still chipping. :cry: :evil:

Guest *Jedimaster*
A grand is a lot. Too much for me. I also remember seeing some of the first ones and they were all yellowed after a year or so.

[quote name='jedimaster']A grand is a lot. Too much for me. I also remember seeing some of the first ones and they were all yellowed after a year or so.[/quote] True 700 bucks for clearshield is a lot, but like I said, they do an amazing job, been doing it for years. Plus the yellowing issue is long gone, that was when the materials were first coming out. Now they have it down to where their should be no yellowing, and they gurantee that. I talked to rockblocker a week ago, they said they should have a kit out in a few weeks for the new legacy. Otherwise you can go to some custom place and have it done.

• 3 weeks later...
I just had the Clearshield done at the same time I had the windows tinted, I'm completely amazed at how perfect it looks! I'm not big on DIY so I didn't mind paying a professional (who's done it countless times and has it dialed) to do the job, especially after seeing how perfect it came out. I paid $425 for the entire front end, mirrors, inside of the door handles, and the bottom edge of the tailgate. He also put a thin strip on the lip of the hood scoop. I felt like that was a perfectly reasonable price to pay for something that will last a long time.

Archived